Saints fight to avoid disclosing emails in Catholic abuse crisis (MERGED) (3 Viewers)

Tom Benson was tight with the Archbishop. I can see how something like this would happen but really hope the Saints didn't do anything illegal. Sounds like all they did was advise the church on PR strategies. I don't think that's a crime.
Release the emails if there is nothing to hide.

Release the emails if there is nothing to hide.
I think this is why this is being brought to light right now.
If the Saints were really involved, the Saints would be named in the lawsuit. They’re not.
They’re using public pressure on the Saints to get the emails released.

The "elite" national media. They like to make big stories out of little ones, and skewer certain groups. All I'm saying is, the Saints should have steered clear of anything to do with controversy, even remotely, and apparently they didn't.

Last edited:
They put it all on display when they released the names of all the priests and their victims (those who'd openly sued them at least). We had a pretty large thread about it when it was released on the EE, I believe. The church is paying out big time and priests who aren't dead who were involved are being defrocked and charged.

Then why the need to try to spin it at all? And why try and hide the emails detailing those attempts?

And I can tell you for a fact that the list they released is not comprehensive.

The "elite" national media. They like make big stories out of little ones, and skewer certain groups. All I'm saying is, the Saints should have steered clear of anything to do with controversy, even remotely, and apparently they didn't.
I wouldn’t say the Catholic Church abuse scandal was small. And the Church actively tried to bury the stories when they started to appear in the early 00s.

I wouldn’t say the Catholic Church abuse scandal was small. And the Church actively tried to bury the stories when they started to appear in the early 00s.

Indeed. The Catholic Church's scandal was huge, and unforgivable. I was referring to the Saints involvement.

It’s an issue in ALL facets of society. Should schools not be beholden to the same standards?
Public or non-secular? Schools are. If there is a scandal at a school, everyone gets fired and the school gets sued

Then why the need to try to spin it at all? And why try and hide the emails detailing those attempts?

And I can tell you for a fact that the list they released is not comprehensive.
Try to make it out like it was a few miscellaneous priests.
If the emails were released, it’d prove the Catholic Church knew it more than just a few, or it’d prove the Church was more worried about its image.

I have a CRAZY IDEA..... lets wait for all the facts to come to light before making up your mind.

It seems that in this case, we have all of the facts. The Saints assisted the Archdiocese with PR and do not want to release any of the emails between the two organizations. That's what this story is.

Indeed. The Catholic Church's scandal was huge, and unforgivable. I was referring to the Saints involvement.
Anytime there is sex abuse, especially with children, it is a big story.
At this moment, the Saints haven’t been included in any abuse. They haven’t been named in a lawsuit. The Saints are being used to pressure the emails to be released so a case can be built against the archdiocese.

Anyone involved needs to be terminated immediately. To include Gayle if she’s involved.

This scandal is terrible but 99.9% of the Saints organization had zero to do with it. It will be crappy to watch everyone react as though the entire organization had a part in it.

Tom Benson was tight with the Archbishop. I can see how something like this would happen but really hope the Saints didn't do anything illegal. Sounds like all they did was advise the church on PR strategies. I don't think that's a crime.
That's not a crime, but it's the same thing as advising a child molester of the best way to beat the case. It's despicable behavior that should be and would be condemned by society.

Public or non-secular? Schools are. If there is a scandal at a school, everyone gets fired and the school gets sued
I think part of the difference here too is the size difference and how centralized the Vatican is. Sexual assault, and subsequent covering up, is definitely happening in schools (public, private, etc) at a rate that's not unlike the catholic church. And yes everyone involved in such cover ups should be fired and sued.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom