Saints fired OC Pete Carmichael (2 Viewers)

Would almost rather DA be gone. The offense was actually rolling the last several weeks. Now the offense will have to learn an all new system. It took them FOREVER to learn Pete's.
Last “serveral weeks” don’t makeup for 2 years of not being able to score over 20pts consistently

Last edited:
Not something I celebrate but it needs to be addressed. I am thankful for Pete. He has been here way longer than most head coaches are with one team. It is very unusual to have a coordinator to stay this long with one team. He has been very good to this organization. I love his play design but hated his personnel and game time decisions. Sorry his reign here didn't end on a positive note but I will always remember the great time when our offense was unstoppable under him. Good luck Mr. Pete and best wishes on your future, except if you play against us.

Laughing a loud at myself for saying 100% Pete isn't getting fired. Well this is a start, though I would have preferred to keep Pete on staff.

Thought they'd a t least look into letting him be the Passing game coordinator etc.

Would like to see someone from the Shanahan tree hired but I imagine Gruden ends his lawsuit against the league and is hired as OC/Assistant HC
That’s why I suggested Mike LeFleur but also give him an assistant HC title. Younger brother of Matt, worked under McVay, Saleh, and Shanahan, and worked with Mike McDaniels.

Laughing a loud at myself for saying 100% Pete isn't getting fired. Well this is a start, though I would have preferred to keep Pete on staff.

Thought they'd a t least look into letting him be the Passing game coordinator etc.
It’s a good reminder to take anything a GM or HC says about the future of the team before the season ends with a massive grain of salt

Firing him and hiring from within would be the dumbest yet the most Loomis thing ever.

Please bring someone fresh in. Even if it fails, please don’t hand it over to anyone already here and would prefer someone young and innovative instead of tired and outdated like Gruden. I like Gruden’s no nonsense demeanor but he’s no OC anymore

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom