Saints Saints Happy Hour: Armstead, Lattimore, and Ramcyzk (1 Viewer)

He’s up there for sure and I hope he stays.... but I think Jabari Greer was our best corner.

I loved Jabari Greer, but I think Latt is the better player now. All CB's get beat and have bad games but folks sometimes forget that Latt has a lot of really good games....I think he is a critical key on our D.....

Idk who Juge is as I barely check the site lately, but that post makes me sad. That they view Williams as the best safety in the league. Yuck. He makes zero impactful plays, unless negative.
When I think of a great safety, in a Saints uni....it was Sharp. Sharper made plays, all the time. This guy, not so much.

I think of Sammy Knight when I think of the Saints and a safety....I’m sure Sharper was better though. He wasn’t here as long as Sammy.

And neither is Sproles
Who was Sproles when we let Bush walk ? He was a piece . Replaceable . You can’t replace Armstead or Ramchyeck . You can’t replace Lattimore or Williams when it took you a decade to find them ! We literally drafted 4-5 safeties and brought in 2 we finally have the Safety that we would crave if he was another teams FA and y’all want to let him go whew Chile

Lol. It’s not that serious, bro. You think he’s an amazing safety, I don’t.
I never said he was amazing yet Like I said if you don’t know defense and SCHEME JUST SAY THAT ?. It’s ok
We literally brought in Lattimore and Williams and most of the secondary issues were fixed ! Now you think they’re the problem? I said men lie women lie numbers don’t !

Jimmy Graham isn’t going anywhere either. Lattimore should be gone. His value is way over what he’s worth

Who was Sproles when we let Bush walk ? He was a piece . Replaceable . You can’t replace Armstead or Ramchyeck . You can’t replace Lattimore or Williams when it took you a decade to find them ! We literally drafted 4-5 safeties and brought in 2 we finally have the Safety that we would crave if he was another teams FA and y’all want to let him go whew Chile
Letting Sproles go was horrible. I agree about Armstead and Ramchyek

I never said he was amazing yet Like I said if you don’t know defense and SCHEME JUST SAY THAT ?. It’s ok
We literally brought in Lattimore and Williams and most of the secondary issues were fixed ! Now you think they’re the problem? I said men lie women lie numbers don’t !
I haven’t spoken about Latt. Other than to say I love him. The secondary is better than it’s been in a long time, I just don’t attribute that to Marcus, as much as Latt and Janoris.

I think of Sammy Knight when I think of the Saints and a safety....I’m sure Sharper was better though. He wasn’t here as long as Sammy.
Loved Sammy too. And I agree, Sharper was one and done pretty much, but it was the best safety play I’d ever seen in the B&G.

If Lattimore is traded, we instantly get worse in the secondary. Janoris Jenkins is also at the tail end of his career. I don’t like the idea of going from really good corner play on both sides to struggling to find at least one who can cover in the next year or so. If it’s a package deal to get a star QB, I could understand a deal like this. Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense to me.

I haven’t spoken about Latt. Other than to say I love him. The secondary is better than it’s been in a long time, I just don’t attribute that to Marcus, as much as Latt and Janoris.
Janoris just got here this year though , What about Eli Apple and Ken Crawley ? Who both had respectable seasons and over performed. Every piece in our secondary has changed since 2017 except Latt and Williams . You build around them not take away

The scar tissue left from the “Meaningless Minneapolis Miracle” has skewed the perception of Marcus Williams for many fans...

Because of that... the plays (big plays) that Williams has made are lost... the INT early vs Tampa in the opener... the play at the end of the Dallas game two seasons ago... etc...

If you can get past the GIANT boner he pulled, and a few other plays... the good plays far outweigh the bad.

If Lattimore is traded, we instantly get worse in the secondary. Janoris Jenkins is also at the tail end of his career. I don’t like the idea of going from really good corner play on both sides to struggling to find at least one who can cover in the next year or so. If it’s a package deal to get a star QB, I could understand a deal like this. Otherwise, it doesn’t make sense to me.

I don't think the FO would trade him just to trade him. If the Saints had all the cap space in the world I'm sure they'd happily pay all of these young studs. But they don't have all the cap space in the world. They're 70 mill in the hole. It doesn't seem like Loomis is going to be able to Loomis his way out of this one and keep everyone. Loomis has a handful of players who are about to command top 5 at their position type money. A few will probably set the market. If they trade Latt it will be because they didn't have a choice.

Who was Sproles when we let Bush walk ? He was a piece . Replaceable . You can’t replace Armstead or Ramchyeck .

Agree on Sproles, though I hated to see him go, people forget we got a 4th round draft pick for him, which really surprised me.

You can replace an Armstead or Ram but it would be very difficult to find players at their level. I think it is critical we retain both of them. I also hope we can keep Latt, he will be hard to replace also....

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom