Saints hosted RB Kareem Hunt and LB Anthony Barr (Upd: Hunt leaves Colts/Vikings visits w/ no deal; Giants cancel Barr visit) (3 Viewers)

Loomis must be a hell of a salesman to Gayle. Seems like we're in on any player that has sketchy past towards women.

I'm always wary of men who pretend to be extra wary for women like they can't protect themselves or come to their own opinion about people....so obviously Loomis must be coercing her in some kind of way.

Weirdo

He should've completed his visit here before going to Indy. I'm guessing whoever advised him to leave was concerned about him getting injured working out for us. I'm hoping we still have the offer on the table because other than Dalvin Cook he's the best RB on the market and he'd be nice to have.
I don’t think we know the full story about Hunt’s visit. May not get it until he signs here or somewhere else. All of the NFL Network reporters said he had a good visit with the Saints and on to Indy. Then Russini goes full sensationalism as a ESPN reporter and says he supposedly got a call from Indy while here and just upped and left during the Saints visit since she’s the one who originally said he’s expected to sign here. Only to leave Indy without a deal too. All of this over vet minimum salary guarantees. That didn’t sound professional for Hunt and his agent. But really more unprofessional for Russini to put that tweet out there like that to potentially damage the rep of the player and agent and even the Saints as FA hosts.

I don’t think we know the full story about Hunt’s visit. May not get it until he signs here or somewhere else. All of the NFL Network reporters said he had a good visit with the Saints and on to Indy. Then Russini goes full sensationalism as a ESPN reporter and says he supposedly got a call from Indy while here and just upped and left during the Saints visit since she’s the one who originally said he’s expected to sign here. Only to leave Indy without a deal too. All of this over vet minimum salary guarantees. That didn’t sound professional for Hunt and his agent. But really more unprofessional for Russini to put that tweet out there like that to potentially damage the rep of the player and agent and even the Saints as FA hosts.
So Russini didn't like being duped and retaliated?

I don't find that more unprofessional of her than the agent and player, if that's what happened.

So Russini didn't like being duped and retaliated?

I don't find that more unprofessional of her than the agent and player, if that's what happened.
I believe she saved face really hard because the expected to sign phrase sounded like a signing was close. It would’ve been easier to say “After initially believed to sign with Saints earlier today, Hunt and his camp are visiting Colts to explore further interest before making a final decision.”

Rapoport, Pelissero, and Schultz’s reports were in complete contrast to hers. They stated Hunt had a good visit with the Saints but left without a deal and exploring his options with the Colts. Russini’s the only one who reported that he suddenly left due to Colts supposedly offering more money. But they gave RBs Kenyan Drake and Jason Huntley only vet minimums with 150k guarantees.

Hunt didn’t do the Colts visit until the next morning and it’s only a 2 hour flight from New Orleans. I think Russini was duped twice and put her spin on the details given to her both times to not look like a bad report on her first one. Both ended up like bad reports, mainly because of her narrative in the second one about suddenly leaving during Saints visit for more money.

I'm always wary of men who pretend to be extra wary for women like they can't protect themselves or come to their own opinion about people....so obviously Loomis must be coercing her in some kind of way.

Weirdo
Don't take yourself too seriously bud. Just an offhand remark on how we've tried to sign a sexual assaulter and physical abuser in back to back years.

Kenyan Drake and Kareem Hunt have practically identical careers in carries, receptions, rushing and receiving yards season to season. Hunt has the 1k yard season as a rookie in 2017. But both backs have been RB2s since then.

There was no way Hunt was getting more than the $1.165M/150k gtd that Drake just received from the Colts while Taylor’s also looking for a deal. Russini worded her reports horribly in both tweets. Second one was a terrible report altogether.

IMG_0065.jpeg

Last edited:
Re: Guice

Yes, history of knee injuries and DV that dated back to his LSU days.

Playing Devils advocate: would he still be looking for a job like this if he was a qb and not a rb?

Re: Guice

Yes, history of knee injuries and DV that dated back to his LSU days.

Playing Devils advocate: would he still be looking for a job like this if he was a qb and not a rb?
Guice has a longer history of assault going back to LSU. Details of each incident makes it worse for a team in PR. The recent charges with his ex-gf in 2021 were only dropped because it turned into a settlement request by both sides.

No chance Guice is signed here or really by anyone. Watson’s situation involved consent and were civil cases. Guice’s situations are repeated violence against women allegedly.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom