Saints not allowed to open training in Cali to fans this year? (1 Viewer)

You have to think they will be able to work something out. It's not like the Saints are trying to permanently move into their turf. I know a lot of West Coast fans are excited to see them.
Yeah but a league rule is a league rule, right? Don’t see this getting overturned.

Yeah but a league rule is a league rule, right? Don’t see this getting overturned.

Overturned no. But the Chargers and the Rams could tell the league they should allow it for one year since the Saints are only doing this as a one year thing. I doubt the league would stop it if the teams in the market said it was okay.

Personally I think it is a dumb rule. Fans can support whoever they want

I for one as a club $$ season ticket holder I wish we had better perks for training camp. I usually attend 3-4 practices each year and it would be great to have some nice seating (not first come first serve where you have to camp out to get good spots) or maybe access to some of the inside practice sessions, I’m sure they could cap the number of fans inside to keep it manageable

The Rams & Chargers have a hard enough time winning fan allegiance and they're actually based in L.A. Why would the Saints holding training camp in OC be any kind of threat? It's still the Raiders' city (as far as NFL fan allegiance goes).

Da hell does it mean that the Cowboys are "grandfathered in"?

Either its a rule or it isn't...I don't care either way, but damn why give Dallas a pass that they're not affording anyone else?
Don’t quote me on this but I believe they have held their camp in Oxnard CA since Jones bought the team so my guess is they predate the rule and the Rams and Raiders back in the day likely didn’t like the Cowboys taking over their area every summer and a rule was pushed thru but as Jones does talked his way into the exemption.

Da hell does it mean that the Cowboys are "grandfathered in"?

Either its a rule or it isn't...I don't care either way, but damn why give Dallas a pass that they're not affording anyone else?
They held training camp in Oxnard when there was no team located there, so they got grandfathered in.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom