Saints not allowed to open training in Cali to fans this year? (1 Viewer)

Not certain about that, if it's a positive experience, I could see this easily becoming permanent. There's something to be said for getting away from the heat and humidity.
There's a LOT to be said for it. I think that every time I walk outside in July. But the Saints are dropping a lot of money into the cafeteria and training facility. I bet they will be back.

There will be 5 NFL teams holding training camp in California in 2024. That's almost 1 out of every 6 teams.

1. New Orleans Saints
2. Dallas Cowboys
3. Las Vegas Raiders
4. Los Angeles Rams
5. Los Angeles Chargers

Saints players from California (born there, grew up there, or played there) that should feel like they are at home.

1. Derek Carr
2. Jake Haener
3. Chris Olave
4. Rashid Shaheed
5. Carl Granderson
6. Jordan Howden
7. Isaiah Foskey
8. Adam Prentice
9. Jordan Mims

Last edited:
Not certain about that, if it's a positive experience, I could see this easily becoming permanent. There's something to be said for getting away from the heat and humidity.
There’s also something to be said about the camaraderie that is developed during training camp between the players and the fans, I believe this is where they start to feel like they belong to the city in the community. For this reason alone, I don’t think it’ll be a permanent situation. Also, Dave already stated that the only reason they’re doing this is because the training camp facility is under reparations.

They held training camp in Oxnard when there was no team located there, so they got grandfathered in.
I mean if we're getting technical about it, we too hosted training camp in Oxnard in 2009 before there was a team back in Los Angeles. :hihi:

Time to grandfather us in too, Führer Goodell. 🥳

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom