Saints/Rams now even as favorites (1 Viewer)

Rams run D is still an issue.

You aren't beating a playoff caliber team if you don't fix this & when Talib comes back, their problems won't go away. A lot of those guys are over paid and underwhelming through 9 games.

I hope the Chiefs shred them next week.

Truth. This is what’s going to be their downfall in the playoffs. You got to stop the run and they can’t do it. Period.

I have them beating the Chiefs next week.

The Chiefs defense is even worse than our defense was earlier in the season. We can talk about the Rams cupcake schedule, but let's not act like the Chiefs aren't playing that same kind of weak schedule. They still have to play the 1-8 Raiders twice. They've faced 2 10+ win teams all year, about to face their third.

The Rams and Chiefs both look like teams that will fizzle out.

If the Chiefs win it 2-0... that would be fine with me.
I personally don't need Mahomes to look like he single-handedly beat the Rams.

Agreed Bill.
He will most likely use both hands though and even throw a TD with his off hand. ?

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-bowl-but-probably-not-the-actual-super-bowl/

Per FiveThirtyEight, the Chiefs defense is worse than the Rams.

I know the narrative on here is that the Rams have the worst defense in the league, but that's statistically not the truth. They're an average defense that has largely under-performed to the expectations that were hyped up during the off season. But their defense is still better than K.C.

IMO I believe the Rams problem on defense is in chemistry and their secondary. Marcus Peters was getting burned last year and was a penalty magnet even then. In interviews, Suh and Donald have said before that they don't speak often off the field. This is not the same level of chemistry that Wade Phillips' defense in Denver had, where everyone was on the same page and there was a level of commitment in team chemistry.

Neither the Chiefs or Rams are likely to make the Super Bowl.

These two teams have the easiest schedules in the league right now. K.C.'s schedule is an absolute joke, and yet they struggled last week with a 3-6 Cardinals team. The AFC West and NFC West are looking like dumpster fire divisions with awful teams.

I believe one of these teams are one and done in the playoffs. The Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since 1993. Andy Reid has 2 playoff losses with K.C. where he blew an 18 point lead and it's well documented how mediocre the AFC is. They haven't been tested by anyone in the AFC outside of New England and that is bound to change come playoff time.

As much as I dislike Pittsburgh, I can actually see them going into Arrowhead and upsetting the Chiefs come playoff time. They did it once back in 2016 and that Chiefs team back then had a much better defense. It's still too early for these predictions, as the Chargers still have a chance at beating them.

Luckily for the Rams, there really isn't a team in the NFC who has a defense who is going to pose a threat to them in the playoffs. I fully expect them NFC title game to be us and them. It will come down to whoever's defense improves late in the season and/or who has home field advantage.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/feature...-bowl-but-probably-not-the-actual-super-bowl/

Per FiveThirtyEight, the Chiefs defense is worse than the Rams.

I know the narrative on here is that the Rams have the worst defense in the league, but that's statistically not the truth. They're an average defense that has largely under-performed to the expectations that were hyped up during the off season. But their defense is still better than K.C.

IMO I believe the Rams problem on defense is in chemistry and their secondary. Marcus Peters was getting burned last year and was a penalty magnet even then. In interviews, Suh and Donald have said before that they don't speak often off the field. This is not the same level of chemistry that Wade Phillips' defense in Denver had, where everyone was on the same page and there was a level of commitment in team chemistry.

Neither the Chiefs or Rams are likely to make the Super Bowl.

These two teams have the easiest schedules in the league right now. K.C.'s schedule is an absolute joke, and yet they struggled last week with a 3-6 Cardinals team. The AFC West and NFC West are looking like dumpster fire divisions with awful teams.

I'm beginning to think that both of these teams are one and done in the playoffs. The Chiefs haven't won a home playoff game since 1993. Andy Reid has 2 playoff losses with K.C. where he blew an 18 point lead and it's well documented how mediocre the AFC is. They haven't been tested by anyone in the AFC outside of New England and that is bound to change come playoff time.

As much as I dislike Pittsburgh, I can actually see them going into Arrowhead and upsetting the Chiefs come playoff time. They did it once back in 2016 and that Chiefs team back then had a much better defense. It's still too early for these predictions, as the Chargers still have a chance at beating them.

Luckily for the Rams, there really isn't a team in the NFC who has a defense who is going to pose a threat to them in the playoffs. I fully expect them NFC title game to be us and them. It will come down to whoever's defense improves late in the season and/or who has home field advantage.

The Chargers or the Dynasty will come out of the AFC this year. So I agree with your statement on the Chiefs not making the Bowl.

The Chargers or the Dynasty will come our of the AFC this year. So I agree with your statement on the Chiefs not making the Bowl.

K.C. is almost a carbon copy of the 2011 Saints. Their defense was on pace to break out 2012 defensive records for awfulness, until they played some bad teams in Denver, Cleveland and Arizona. If two of the QBs in those games weren't rookies, they could've put up a bigger contest. The Cards did a good job early on disrupting their offense.

The problem with picking San Diego the Chargers (Will never get used to calling them L.A .for as long as I live) is that they have been swept by K.C. now for several years. But if they can show them up this year, they still have a shot to take the division.

I'd laugh so hard though if the Chargers knock them out of the playoffs.

Normally, I always pick the Pats to win the AFC but this might actually be the year Pittsburgh has a shot if they beat them in the regular season. But then again, that happened in 2011. That was the one year where Pittsburgh actually beat them in the regular season and had the team to do it again in the playoffs, and they choked all over themselves to Tim Tebow. I'll never trust them until I am proven wrong.

I don't see K.C. reaching the Super Bowl though. Just asking them to win a playoff game in Arrowhead is asking for a lot, given Andy Reid's track record and their history there.

K.C. is almost a carbon copy of the 2011 Saints. Their defense was on pace to break out 2012 defensive records for awfulness, until they played some bad teams in Denver, Cleveland and Arizona. If two of the QBs in those games weren't rookies, they could've put up a bigger contest. The Cards did a good job early on disrupting their offense.

The problem with picking San Diego the Chargers (Will never get used to calling them L.A .for as long as I live) is that they have been swept by K.C. now for several years. But if they can show them up this year, they still have a shot to take the division.

I'd laugh so hard though if the Chargers knock them out of the playoffs.

Normally, I always pick the Pats to win the AFC but this might actually be the year Pittsburgh has a shot if they beat them in the regular season. But then again, that happened in 2011. That was the one year where Pittsburgh actually beat them in the regular season and had the team to do it again in the playoffs, and they choked all over themselves to Tim Tebow. I'll never trust them until I am proven wrong.

I don't see K.C. reaching the Super Bowl though. Just asking them to win a playoff game in Arrowhead is asking for a lot, given Andy Reid's track record and their history there.

Great post. And lol I typed San Diego first myself. ?

Also, will admit I completely forgot about Pitt. They could def get there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom