Saints withdraw 2012 Superbowl bid (3 Viewers)

The city doesn't want the 2012 Superbowl because it's smack dab in the middle of Mardi Gras season. Officials for either the city or the Superdome commission already said this like two weeks ago. We were not getting another Superbowl before Miami received a Superbowl. It's just seems to be the natural rotation of the games between New Orleans, Miami and Pasedena.

Exactly right, which is why we were in prime position to get the 2010 Superbowl when the Giants fell out. As I stated, Miami had just hosted the game in 2007 and if I remember correctly it was announced during the week of the game or just after that the NFL had to fall back to an emergency plan. We were not even an option without the new lease. And if Mardi Gras is going to interfere with the Superbowl in 2012 on Feb 21, we may as well forget 2013 too.. it's on Feb 12! Feb 21 puts the Endymion extravaganza on Feb18.. that's the only dome event I know of during Mardi Gras. I wonder what those officials have in store 3 weeks before Fat Tuesday in 2012. hmmmmm
I would say that we could conservatively figure on getting the Superbowl every 7 years. That's basicly like buying a Superbowl for 42-49 million spread out at 6-7 million per year. I'd still consider that a bargain, keeping in mind that it also includes an NFL pro football franchise. But I'm stupid that way..

Yep, but when Benson stepped away from the table he resigned himself to dealing with the next governor which eliminates any possibility of a Superbowl until a deal is done...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom