Saints Sam Mills selected as HOF Finalist (1 Viewer)

I find it more interesting that Sam Mills made the cut over Patrick Willis.

Here is hoping as a cut to 5 is brutal...
My Top 5
1​
S Troy Polamalu
2​
Steve Atwater, S
3​
Isaac Bruce, WR
4​
MLB Sam Mills
5​
Steve Hutchinson, G
Agreed. Willis was a stud, and retired while still in his prime. How does he get left out?

One can’t help but wonder what Cam will wear to the induction ceremony....

Can you imagine how awkward it would be if he and Mrs Mills showed up in the same outfit?

Awesome News!! It was a PLEASURE to grow up watching the field mouse in charge of the GREATEST group of Linebackers in the NFL! You talk about SPECIAL!!
I just last night put together two sets of Saints Football Cards for two of my nephews. The 4 Dome patrol cards are on top!!! I am taking them down to the coast this weekend.
I have a date in NOLA Sunday at noon..:) I included in the groups the following players: GH5, MA7, AM8, DB9,TGJ10, MC12, MT13, LM16, DH19, DH21, TP22, MI22, RB25, DM26, AK41,EM84, WS91-RIP.. ---I only have one Willie Roalf card, and that's going with me in my coffin... LOL..
My Great nephews are seven and eight years old. I'm doing my part to continue the Who Dat Legacy!!!!

Awesome and Amen about Sam. To me aside from Drew he was the best Saints player ever. Above even Willie to me.

Sam is one of the few who left to go to a division rival, that continues to have very favorable status with Saints fans . The other than comes to mind is Morten Andersen.

Does anyone think that Sam’s passing plays a part in that acceptance? Had he lived, and if he made a conscious decision to enter the HOF as a Panther, would we still favor him? Just crazy thoughts that went through my head as I’m sitting in an airport wasting time.

Mills owed nothing to Saints fans or the team. Business is business.

We were lucky to have him. Mora said he was the best player he ever coached.

I look forward to him getting a bust this year.

I understand all the bickering since he’s loved in Carolina but let’s be honest, his saints numbers are getting him in. No one thinks of Kevin Greene as a panthers hall of famer for the same reason. Hes get recognized as a player not a coach and it’s his saints numbers not panthers numbers that are getting him there.

Mills owed nothing to Saints fans or the team. Business is business.

We were lucky to have him. Mora said he was the best player he ever coached.

I look forward to him getting a bust this year.

He didn’t make it.

Sam is one of the few who left to go to a division rival, that continues to have very favorable status with Saints fans . The other than comes to mind is Morten Andersen.

I thought they all were from that era except Hebert. Ricky Jackson, Morten Andersen, Sam Mills, Craig Heyward. Not sure how people feel about jumpy geathers. He did go to the skins before the falcons. Hebert is the only one people dump on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom