Same Old Saints?? (1 Viewer)

well alot of people don't agree. but i tend to think this IS a gut check game that can/will define the character of this team - mentally.

want we need, and want is a killer. i hope greg williams makes us all forget about the eagles defense and OUR defense makes a statement (along w/our offense)

I didnt say one thing about the season being over if we lost. I stated, if you will read again, that we needed to win to shake the stigma of not being able to win the games we should win. We did it last week but of course everyone is screaming that it didnt matter because it was the Lions. And when we win this week it will all be about DM not playing. The fact is that, as it was stated by a pevious reply, Philly is still a very tough team. All I am saying is without DM this should be a game that we win albeit still a tough one. I dont think I said a thing about firing anybody or giving up or that winning this game gets us to the SB.

I completely agree that we will be perceived as a second tier team if we lose the game, but perceptions don't mean a thing in the NFL. Losing one game to a good team does not mean we are not "for real" and definitely doesn't mean a thing about our chances to reach the superbowl aside from exactly one game in the W/L column. That said, I'd be pretty disappointed if we didn't pull it off tomorrow.

I somewhat agree with the OP. I wouldn't say its absolutely must win game but if we want to be contenders then there's no way we should loss this game with McNabb out. Suppose it were the other way around. McNabb was healthy but Brees was out. I don't think many even in this forum would give us much of a chance. Well with DM out the Eagles "shouldn't" have much of a chance either if the Saints are for real.

Errr... no.

The Eagles are a quality team, picked by many pundits to win the confernence championship (for what that's worth). We're playing in their park, and its their home opener. Even without McNabb, this is a tough game.

Do I hope we win? Absolutely.

Do I think we will? Yeah, I do.

Is it a "must win" or else doom and gloom? **** no!

While it is NOT a must win it is a game we should have if we want to take the next step. We can go to Philly and show the league that we are a contender. They are ripe for the picking, again a game we should win if we want to be considered a serious contender in 09. You have to love the timing:

1. Sept in Philly vice Dec
2. No McNabb

Lets compete for 60 mins on Sunday and go home with a win. Geaux Saints!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom