Say we win the division -will Saints be the biggest home playoff dog in NFL history? (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
If the Saints somehow make the playoffs and matchup with the Cowboys or Eagles what do you think the spread will be? I'm guessing the visitor would be favored by 11 points. Wondering what the biggest spread in NFL history is for a home team to be favored to lose.

Seattle vs us in 2010? But that's a tough place to play and across the country. And that Seahawks team was infinitely better than this Saints team.

A game vs Philly or Dallas in the Dome will be a road game for the Saints at this point IMO.

I don't bet on sports but I might throw a couple hundred down on whoever we play if we make it. I've never been more confident in my life that the game will be an absolute slaughter. Whoever wins the NFCS might be the worst team to ever make the playoffs.

Last edited:
If the Saints somehow make the playoffs and matchup with the Cowboys or Eagles what do you think the spread will be? I'm guessing the visitor would be favored by 9 points. Wondering what the biggest spread in NFL history is for a home team to be favored to lose.

Seattle vs us in 2019? But that's a tough place to play and across the country.

A game vs Philly or Dallas in the Dome will be a road game for the Saints at this point IMO.

I don't bet on sports but I might throw a couple hundred down on whoever we play if we make it. I've never been more confident in my life that the game will be an absolute slaughter.
2011 Seahawks vs Saints

The saints once went on the road against the 7-9 Seahawks.
I know. I mentioned that in the original post. But my point was that even in that game I don't think Seattle will be as big an underdog as the Saints will if they win the division this year.

It will be the biggest spread ever in favor of the road team in a playoff game imo.

I know. I mentioned that in the original post. But my point was that even in that game I don't think Seattle will be as big an underdog as the Saints will if they win the division this year.

It will be the biggest spread ever in favor of the road team in a playoff game imo.

I understand this is a frustrating season, but I think you're allowing your disappointment cloud to your perception.

Hasselbeck may have been their only player who'd previously played in any playoff games (I'm probably wrong on this, but I doubt there were many others, if any). Marshawn literally didn't become "Beast Mode" until that game.....and the Legion of Boom wasn't yet a thing. And in addition to being 7-9, they were playing the team that had previously won the Super Bowl.

Zero chance the Saints would be double-digit underdogs at home to any NFC team this season.

Zero chance the Saints would be double-digit underdogs at home to any NFC team this season.

Someone must have redefined the value of the number 0, because there's definitely considerable chance that a Saints on a 8-9 playoff run under Dennis Allen and Derek Carr are 10+ point underdogs in opening round.

How do I know?

Because who's applying the counter-pressure to bet against the spread?

The fanatical sports fanbase of New Orleans are certainly the most convinced critics and unbelievers in this Saints team nationwide. You'd see a rush of people on this board, including me, betting for any opponent to cover the spread against this team.

National bettors are not going to think Derek Carr's Saints are an undervalued proposition.

Someone must have redefined the value of the number 0, because there's definitely considerable chance that a Saints on a 8-9 playoff run under Dennis Allen and Derek Carr are 10+ point underdogs in opening round.
I agree. This team is terrible and will be double digit home dog.

Least likeable Saints team since the Katrina year. I loathed Haslett. Allen is quickly getting there and Carr is right next to Brooks as least favorite Saints QB of all time too.

How do I know?

Because who's applying the counter-pressure to bet against the spread?

The fanatical sports fanbase of New Orleans are certainly the most convinced critics and unbelievers in this Saints team nationwide. You'd see a rush of people on this board, including me, betting for any opponent to cover the spread against this team.

National bettors are not going to think Derek Carr's Saints are an undervalued proposition.

It would take something major like Carr and Winston both getting injured in week 18 of a Saints division-clinching victory, and Hill or Haener having to start at QB in the playoff game....for the Saints to be a 10 or more point underdog at home.

If we end the season on a 5 game winning sreak, then no way we are a double digit dog at home. Now if we somehow get into the playoffs at 8-9, then liklely a very high spread

It would take something major like Carr and Winston both getting injured in week 18 of a Saints division-clinching victory, and Hill or Haener having to start at QB in the playoff game....for the Saints to be a 10 or more point underdog at home.
I think the Saints would gain a point or two with Hill vs Carr. The entire world can see what only Allen can't.

If we lose to the Giants, we may not win another game. They are terrible. Beat the Giants, and I think we have a 50/50 shot at the division. Like it or not. We almost certainly will lose to the Rams, but we will still have a shot with TB and ATL.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom