Say we win the division -will Saints be the biggest home playoff dog in NFL history? (3 Viewers)

I dont know what the spread was for the Packers in 67 but because of the rotational Home field system at the time they got a home field game against the 11-1-2 Rams team while 11-1-2 Colts coached by Don Shula werent even admitted into the playoffs because they lost their division on a tie breaker.

Had the system not favored Divisional winners over season records (a la wild cards) it wouldnt be Lombardi's name on the trophy, but rather more likely Don Shula's. The tradition of holding Division winners in higher esteem rightfully should continue.

Last edited:
The 2010 Seahawks were the ONLY double digit home dog in the playoffs in NFL history.

If we make the playoffs we would have to win out (by my estimation) and I do not see a home team on a 5 game win streak being a 11+ point underdog to either a Dallas team that falls apart in december, or am eagles team who's defense has been exposed and has given up over 100 points in the last 3 games.

I doubt we would even be a 7 point dog.

I also doubt this will even happen (even though It's what I'm rooting for)

Might be a great time to put some money on the underdog. With everyone taking the favorite, betting agencies could make a fortune if the dog wins.

I agree. This team is terrible and will be double digit home dog.

Least likeable Saints team since the Katrina year. I loathed Haslett. Allen is quickly getting there and Carr is right next to Brooks as least favorite Saints QB of all time too.
If they make the playoffs, then it means they win out. The perception would change. But how they would win would also matter. If they squeak by, Dallas -11

If the Saints somehow make the playoffs and matchup with the Cowboys or Eagles what do you think the spread will be? I'm guessing the visitor would be favored by 11 points. Wondering what the biggest spread in NFL history is for a home team to be favored to lose.

Seattle vs us in 2010? But that's a tough place to play and across the country. And that Seahawks team was infinitely better than this Saints team.

A game vs Philly or Dallas in the Dome will be a road game for the Saints at this point IMO.

I don't bet on sports but I might throw a couple hundred down on whoever we play if we make it. I've never been more confident in my life that the game will be an absolute slaughter. Whoever wins the NFCS might be the worst team to ever make the playoffs.
It all depends on how they finish the season. If they are on a 5 game winning streak they are probably a 7 point dog at worse.

The 2010 Seahawks were the ONLY double digit home dog in the playoffs in NFL history.

If we make the playoffs we would have to win out (by my estimation) and I do not see a home team on a 5 game win streak being a 11+ point underdog to either a Dallas team that falls apart in december, or am eagles team who's defense has been exposed and has given up over 100 points in the last 3 games.

I doubt we would even be a 7 point dog.

I also doubt this will even happen (even though It's what I'm rooting for)

Exactly.

People are popping off about the Saints potentially being double-digit underdogs AT HOME, when to this point, they've only lost by double-digits once all season.

While Detroit's perception among the public has probably taken a slight hit recently......they were considered one of the better NFC teams heading into the Saints game, and they were only favored by 4 or 4.5 in the Dome.

Like you said.... a TD underdog, if even that.

Not sure about the point spreads for playoff games but did find a site that has the odds of every super bowl. https://www.betfirm.com/point-spreads-for-every-super-bowl/ I was surprised at how many had double digit spreads. The biggest upset was Super Bowl III. The Colts were 18 point favorites over the Namath lead Jets and lost 16-7.

If we lose to the Giants, we may not win another game. They are terrible. Beat the Giants, and I think we have a 50/50 shot at the division. Like it or not. We almost certainly will lose to the Rams, but we will still have a shot with TB and ATL.
Not as "terrible" as they once seemed. Their new QB, Devito is making some magic with the Giants. With his wheels the Saints defense will likely struggle to contain him. :covri:

Couldn't you ask the same question regardless who wins this lousy division? Atlanta or Tampa would be a home dog as well. Thought I'm not sure any of the 3 would be the biggest ever.

I think people forget that we will have our players back from IR also before the season ends. Michael Thomas, Shaheed,Lattimore, and Maye would be back.

I bet $50 minimum on our boys no matter what the spread is, I can’t believe I’m hearing “fans” saying they woudl rush to take whoever we play in the playoffs, life be plunking down $200 for us to win at minimum if it’s a double digit spread! Do you guys know how hard a double digit spread is to cover? Not to mention the odds on outright win out be so juicy, it would be worth every bit of gamble.

You will never catch me betting against the Saints no matter how pissed I am at the team.

I love the people who talk about being a "real fan" means betting on the team even if the blow, are managed by incompetents, and have the least likable QB in the league after Deshaun Watson. . . who this same leadership disgustingly praised, begged, and courted.

You realize the "Saints" are not a religious institution you need to tithe to, right?

This team is actively infuriating and unpleasant to follow at this point. Their leadership is arrogant, complacent, and unlikable, and both their playcalling and their personnel decisions have been abysmal to the point of nauseating.

In a perfect DA/ML world, we would have been the Saints led by Deshaun Watson for the next six years in a prohibitively expensive to cut contract.

Yeah, I hope these people lose and get replaced. Sorry.

You will never catch me betting against the Saints no matter how P'Oed I am at the team.
I used to have a weekly bet with a coworker. I bet $20 we would lose. The way I saw, I win either way. The Saints lose, at least I'm getting paid. If they won, I didn't mind paying for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom