Schlereth giving props (1 Viewer)

Anyone who actually questions reggie's toughness after that hit he took from Sheldon Brown in the playoffs is a fool IMO.

He was absolutely destroyed, but he came back and played EXTREMELY well in that game.

Bouncing a run outside doesn't make him "soft", he is not avoiding contact, he is trying to get extra yards. It more of his bad habits from always being the fastest guy on the field than a factor of being soft.

For the record... on his 3 carries in the first half he had ZERO blocking. Not even barry sanders could have gained yards on those plays. No I am not saying the line blocks differently for different backs, but guess what?? there are defenders out there trying to make plays, and sometimes they actually do beat our oline men. This was the case on reggie's 3 attempts in the first half.

saint droopy said:
That's news.... he hates the Saints. Well maybe not "hate", but he rarely has positive comments about us.

The only Saints fans who take this as a negative comment as opposed to positive support are those whose main goal is to see Reggie be the player he was supposed to be when he was drafted. Those of us who have seen the real Reggie for years now take this as a big compliment to the team that a pundit is recognizing what we already know and have been requesting for years, that Reggie has taken a back seat as a tailback, and we finally have another big back or two to run the ball up the gut with authority.

Schlereth is expressing what we've known for years. The Saints with Reggie at tailback are too soft on offense to win in the playoffs. He's dead on straight up CORRECT!

anteros said:
But when it matters, you certainly see him do what's necessary.

To a HOFer, there's no such thing as an unimportant yard or a meaningless down. HOFers, especially running backs, wear opponents down because they are RELENTLESS, which doesn't mean some of the time. It means all the time.

Mike Bell plays every down like it's his last. So does PT. I, for one, like that. That's what I want to see.

Maybe you would like to see Colston bat a couple passes down on the turf each game because it's just a meaningless down or meaningless yardage?

To a HOFer, there's no such thing as an unimportant yard or a meaningless down. HOFers, especially running backs, wear opponents down because they are RELENTLESS, which doesn't mean some of the time. It means all the time.

Mike Bell plays every down like it's his last. So does PT. I, for one, like that. That's what I want to see.

Maybe you would like to see Colston bat a couple passes down on the turf each game because it's just a meaningless down or meaningless yardage?

You're right. I've certainly never seen a HoF QB slide to avoid getting hit instead of picking up an extra yard. And no one has ever, ever seen a HoF RB run out of bounds before. As a matter of fact, I think Reggie's probably the only player in the entire league who ever goes out of bounds.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom