Scrolls - Mojang's new game (1 Viewer)

The trials? I started with the growth preconstruct, and I couldn't do anything. I switched to the energy deck, and now I'm a few battles into the medium series, doing them in order.

I'm not sure if my ineptitude was the deck, or I just wasn't familiar with the mechanics yet, but the growth deck did nothing for me. I tried the Order deck twice, and it seems like a major weenie deck.

I'm on growth, and it's hard but usually ok. The wolf one though is nuts because it starts out w/5 unites on the board and one of them gets a +1 attack for every wolf, kind of devastating to start out with. You do start with more resources (5 growth 5 order) so maybe I need different cards, just hard to survive the start.

Yeah, this wolf one is tough. If you can't hit him in your first turn or two, he will immediately take out an idol on his first attack.

Yeah, I beat that one finally on growth. I had a binding one fairly early and kept him hitting the dead totem while I took out the other wolves. Took a fair number of tries to get the right stuff at the right time. That was second toughest of the mediums. The one with the Energy deck (A quicky I think) just plain cheats. Twice it played out 3 golems once literally 3 in a row. I've done all of those now and two of the hard trials (the one with the mines and the one with uber-golem). Some of the others seem just plain ridiculous. Looks like you have to make a deck for them and get lucky on top of that.

BTW, if anyone wants to play hth sometime, just shoot me a PM.

Yeah, I think this game is geared towards building your own decks instead of using the preconstructs. I haven't tinkered with that at all yet.

I haven't played any hth yet, but i'm about to start. I have a feeling I will run into people who have geeked out on the deck building and get killed. I'm usually on early in the morning or late at night - buzd504.

You can also follow @scrollsranks on twitter for changes to the top 10.

Yeah, most go fast from deck momentum; it's really hard to come back if you struggle in the first 10 rounds. A lot of players have some cool cards I don't have yet in life (rats/bunnies/wildlings). I've got over 200 cards now, but none of them. It seems like some cheap cards are just plain rarer than the rare ones.

BTW, found out how easy it is to do chat rooms. Just join saintsreport when on if you're playing. It'll create it if no one is on.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom