Sean Payton's Broncos lost to Seattle Seahawks (3 Viewers)

Put me in the group that is hoping the Broncos will eventually be able to beat every NFC opponent except the Saints for years to come. In the long run it doesn't matter who is coaching Denver as long as they can be instrumental in helping the Saints move up the seeding chart for the postseason. :9:

I seriously don't understand the salty ex-girlfriend-level hate that Payton gets from Saints fans. Dude gave us 15 seasons, including the winningest stretch in team history and a freaking Super Bowl win. Geez, get over it.
<<Broncos message board participants are furious at QB Bo Nix and Sean's play calling>>

This is just good natured "fans vs fans" kind of stuff.

As, at least for this year, the Broncos are "our enemy". (Considering they are to play us this year.)

Last edited:
I seriously don't understand the salty ex-girlfriend-level hate that Payton gets from Saints fans. Dude gave us 15 seasons, including the winningest stretch in team history and a freaking Super Bowl win. Geez, get over it.
Agreed, but I think that "hate" is a vocal minority. Most folks I know still like him and I remain a fan. He seemed to be in a rut here and I thought it was time for a change. Without him, I don't think the Saints are in NOLA any more. Most fans under the age of 32 would not understand the constant threat of moving the team faced. Broncos fans are in meltdown mode, though, over him. I think Payton's schemes are a bit too complex for young QB's. He developed his system with Brees' help.

Payton coaxed 9 wins out of 2021 NO team that didnt have a person capable of catching [And some would say Throwing] the football.
(Bracketed words added by me.)

Seriously, if that was Belichek (or any of the media darlings), they would have made a 30 for 30 (or equivalent) already.

That was a MASTERFUL feat of coaching that year!

Too early to throw dirt on his grave. It will take at least two years to recover from the setbacks of the Russel Wilson contract and the lack of high draft picks that were used to acquire him.

He’s now working with a good QB prospect, but Nix was still the SIXTH QB off the board. Time will tell if he continues to struggle. We’ll see.
All right, all right...don't be coming into this thread spouting your common sense and reasonable takes. This thread is for emotional posting only.

And even in his departure he took a year off, gave us a first round pick, and went to an AFC team. He also made sure that we were set up with a successor in house.

Like I get that it sucks that he’s gone but what do people expect? It’s okay to want to see something different after so long in one place. The dude gave us the best years of saints football and stuck with us through thick and thin.

That’s what happens when SP and PC get in the same room. A pass heavy playbook.

Payton needs to bring in someone young with fresh ideas for the offense and just be a head coach, because that’s what he’s great at.
Sean desperately needs someone with new ideas in the meeting room. He has Pete Carmichael and Lombardi. What can they contribute except more of the same? The Broncos aren’t going to get any better until Sean hires an innovative OC and focuses solely on coaching.

If Payton is not your coach he’s very unlikeable.
He’s only unlikeable when he’s dominating your team and rubbing it in. Unfortunately for Sean, those days appear to be over. When you’re a losing coach, nobody pays you any mind. I think the game has passed him by. That year off didn’t do him any favors.

Sean desperately needs someone with new ideas in the meeting room. He has Pete Carmichael and Lombardi. What can they contribute except more of the same? The Broncos aren’t going to get any better until Sean hires an innovative OC and focuses solely on coaching.
He will never give up play calling duties if he can be on the sidelines

He will never give up play calling duties if he can be on the sidelines
He’s done it before when the offense got stale.

I think it was 2016. I can’t remember how many games it went on for, but Pete Carmichael was calling the plays.

Broncos simply are a bad team. Outside of Manning this is what they have been for 16 or 17 years now.

Payton coaxed 9 wins out of 2021 NO team that didnt have a person capable of catching the football.
And was a couple made field goals away from another win or two if I remember right

He’s done it before when the offense got stale.

I think it was 2016. I can’t remember how many games it went on for, but Pete Carmichael was calling the plays.
Pete was calling plays that Payton called. lol.

3, in my opinion. The 2011 team should have won it.
If they could have gotten past the 49ers, they would have destroyed the Giants in the Dome, and I would have liked their chances against the Patriots. But the 49ers were their worst matchup, and losing Thomas at the beginning just scrambled the gameplan. Woulda, coulda, shoulda.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom