NFL Draft Senior Bowl 2021 (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Senior Bowl week starts Monday... The Saints usually identify at least a couple players they really like during this week (Baun being one of the most recent).
The rosters are set, and there is a good group of talented players. Who do you like, and who would be good fits for the Saints?

I like JaCoby Stevens, Monty Rice at LB... Kadarius Toney among the WRs...

What say you?

Another intriguing prospect from LSU is WR Racey McMath. 6’3 225 with elite speed?!? The stats aren’t really there, but maybe he slipped through the cracks... because the skill set is there! He’s also a ready-made STer.

Ross Jackson w/ “Locked On Saints” podcast will be down at the Senior Bowl next week and doing a daily podcast on prospects for the Saints.
The practice week is more important than the game itself...

Not going to lie: I wish there was a way to get Najee Harris. Wouldn’t do it in the 1st of course but if the draft fell a certain way I could see it.

Harris is a beast! He’s like a sleeker better receiving version of Derrick Henry. I’d love that!

RB is the last position of need for the Saints.

Murray is on the books next year for 4 million on a team that is strapped for cap space. Maybe they get under the cap without having to cut him but it’s not guaranteed that they won’t.

The Saints were interested in Jonathan Taylor last year according to a reliable source so the team doesn’t think it’s a bad idea to upgrade there.

With cap cuts and letting FAs sign elsewhere I would say the top 3 spots would be LB - DL - CB but OL-RB-TE/WR want be overlooked either

Excited to see Kyle Trask, Sam Ehlinger, Elijah Molden, Shaka Toney, Osa Odighizuwa, Sam & Chazz Surratt. The Surratt bros are awesome. I think these dudes really fit the mold of our most recent draft prospects. High character, high IQ, football first players who have a bit of swagger to them.

If there is a dominant edge coming out I’d like that to be our first round pick. If Trey leaves we have zero edge pressure.

Joe Tryon from Washington would be awesome. He’s prob not getting much 1st RD buzz at the moment due to the fact he opted out of 20. But i think he was well on jis way there. He has the length, motor, burst & power the Saints seem to covet at the position. Plus he’s a hybrid who can play EDGE & LB. Tryon reminds me a lot of Justin Houston, but w/a bigger lengthier body type.

As for the Senior Bowl, i think a guy like Shaka Toney from Penn St is an under the radar guy who could make a mark in the drills/game. Shaka is insanely explosive & is also a hydrid EDGE/LB. That dude is a true pressure player. Shaka’s really fun to watch.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom