Shockey trade for what? (1 Viewer)

2 points for you. Great point

I could also be wrong. There have been cases of both. Sometimes a player gets a change of scenery and is the same guy he was in the last place. Sometimes he revives his career and finishes out with that team a fan favorite. I don't think Shockey has done such horrible things ala a Chris Henry that we should totally write him off.

I see where some are coming from with the distrust of having Shockey come on board but I personally think its worth the risk. I see Shockey coming in and being one of the very best TE's in the NFL in our offense.

If by crybaby cancer you mean passionate leader on and off the field that will speak his mind and let you know where he stands and not leave an doubt to his intentions. He is a Ray Lewis kind of player on the other side of the ball. That is leadership in my book. I don't think that if Payton,"who knows him very well" thought he was a cancer would be interested in him at all. Hell it doesn't sound like we are. The Giants just think they have found his replacement so why pay big money when they can play the young kid I don't remember his name that took his place.

Joe Horn has the same triats and you can't deny his production so why does Shockey get gloried and sought after and Horn who showed NOLA more loyalty than any other player in recent history get crapped on for it. Hypocrisy at its best....and Shockey is a cancer who's team did better without him on the field and he stays injured.

Either for a second or a swap in the first I'd be excited about. Theres no way we'd pull off trading down to 19, and then trading the 19th for shockey and their 31st, shockey is worth more than that.

The probowl TE versus a untested rookie that wont likely contribute for a couple of years. As far as what they would have and wouldn't have done last year that is an assumption you have know way of knowing that. You think you know but you don't know.

Just like you saying he's a great leader and could get the team fired up.....you think you know, but you don't!

couldn't we just trade down and:

pick up Dustin Keller in the 1st? dude runs a 4.4 and has a 40 inch vertical and is about the same overall athlete that dallas clark is. Hes younger and comes without the all of the baggage.

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/profile.php?pyid=12570

then pick antuan molden at 40

DT harrison in the 3rd?

i dont like Shockey, his attutude is every bit as unpredictable as a rookie's future success.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom