Simms Ranks Winston At 26 (1 Viewer)

I don't have a problem with Simms ranking him where he did. I love it. More fuel for Jaboo. Until he goes out there and lights up the NFL no one will respect Jameis. There are Saints fans that he still needs to win over (many here on SR). I think JW... with his new weapons... will kill it this year. I just hope the Oline can stay healthy and protect him.

Simms being down on a QB is a ringing endorsement. I remember he was breaking down a play once, and said something to the effect of: "The pass was completed for the first down, but the correct read was..." and proceeded to point out a deeper target that was bracketed but had a little space.

I just remember being struck with the thought of "That is why you are in the studio and not on the field Chris".

Simms being down on a QB is a ringing endorsement. I remember he was breaking down a play once, and said something to the effect of: "The pass was completed for the first down, but the correct read was..." and proceeded to point out a deeper target that was bracketed but had a little space.

I just remember being struck with the thought of "That is why you are in the studio and not on the field Chris".
TBF, I have seen Rev say the same thing when breaking down a Taysom Hill throw.

There is always a better throw out there (if the one being discussed doesn’t end in a touchdown).

I don't like when arm chair scouts try to explain correct reads. A correct read should always be looked as a positive play.. Especially, one that moves the chains. There happens to be "Better" reads is the correct terminology. Rarely does a an easy positive play can be called a wrong or even bad read. Especially, when a deep ball is a lot more complicated than "Oh he should of thrown here"

My question is "Can he throw here?" After watching Taysom and end of career Brees. You can't just speak into existence arm talent that's clearly not there.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom