Small school cheap DT prospect. (1 Viewer)

Forget all of this stuff: We need a 6'6 guy who weighs closer to 400, and can do backflips. BRING BACK WALTER THOMAS!

With the risk of hijacking my own thread, What was the final outcome with Stonewall? Is he on the radio, did he get back into the saints good graces?

Here is what NFLdraftblitz had to say on Langford
Kendall Langford is a very good athlete and already has an NFL body. Like most small school prospects, he has to work on his technique and his playing strength. Langford will take time to develop, but has an enormously high ceiling. He excels in the classroom, so he has the capacity to learn quickly. Whoever drafts him will have to be patient with him at first, but the more he learns how to be a pro it will pay off big time. In the same mold of the Cowboys’ Jay Ratliff, but has longer arms. With a solid senior season, Langford should go on the first day of the 2008 draft.

WOW, I would have never guessed a first day pick. I picked him out of a list of small school prospects based on his size then read his bio and stats. So much for the saints "stealing" this guy if they get him.

WOW, I would have never guessed a first day pick. I picked him out of a list of small school prospects based on his size then read his bio and stats. So much for the saints "stealing" this guy if they get him.

There is also another senior DT (even though Landford actually played DE) from Hampton in the draft

http://www.hamptonpirates.com/roster.asp?playerid=70&sport=1

NFLdraftblitz lists Langford as its top senior small school prospect at DE (although I think he might fit better at DT) and they list his senior classmate Bryant as their top small school prospect at DT.

Infact they list a bunch of Hampton prosepect in their top 15 at each position (small school prosects.

OG Akeem Lamar 6'4 310lbs
DE Kendall Langford 6'6 295lbs
DE Marcus Dixon 6'4 295lbs
DT Vernon Bryant 6'4 285lbs
CB Jackie Bates 5'10 180lbs
SS Henti Baird 6'1 204lbs

Last edited:
There is also another senior DT (even though Landford actually played DE) from Hampton in the draft

http://www.hamptonpirates.com/roster.asp?playerid=70&sport=1

I saw him too, but he's shorter and lighter. They have some big guys on their defensive front but the team stats did not look too good. Looks like they gave up alot of yards on the ground. Odd considering these two guys are draft prospects and the competition they probably faced.

Its always nice to pick up another Marques Colston type talent in the 7th round.

Its always nice to pick up another Marques Colston type talent in the 7th round.

Once in a blue moon talent Colston turned out to be. Maybe the best since Tom Brady. Could be years before another.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom