Snake ID (1 Viewer)

Possibly a bull snake?

This link doesn't list Louisiana as an area for them, but says they are found in Texas. Maybe yours is lost?

Bullsnake - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yeah he looks similar to a bull though the markings aren't as defined as some of those pics.

I'm definitely keeping him around, I've trapped some big nasty rats the last few nights. I'll even throw some chicken feed around the area the snake is hanging around to bait the rats over to him!

Yeah he looks similar to a bull though the markings aren't as defined as some of those pics.

I'm definitely keeping him around, I've trapped some big nasty rats the last few nights. I'll even throw some chicken feed around the area the snake is hanging around to bait the rats over to him!

Phil, you need to get one on video catching a rat.... that would be awesome...:ezbill:

Trying to establish chickens myself. Now that I have gotten rid of the raccoons looks like I have snakes to look forward to.

Phil, you need to get one on video catching a rat.... that would be awesome...:ezbill:

I wish I had a nanny cam!!

I'm checking about every 15 minutes, I think the snake had recently chowed down when I took his pic, you can see the bulge in his belly.

Trying to establish chickens myself. Now that I have gotten rid of the raccoons looks like I have snakes to look forward to.

First come the rats, then the snakes!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom