N/S SNF: Chiefs vs Falcons (3 Viewers)

I feel teams have gotten too tied to what the analytics say. Plenty of examples of giving up easy FGs, missing the 4th down play, and putting their teams in bad situations.
The problem with the analytics saying go for it on 4th is that the sample size was smaller than the kick or punt sample size. Now that more teams are going for it on 4th, we're starting to see why teams historically punted or kicked FG's on 4th.

Until you are absolutely certain you only have one possession at most left in the game, you take the points. The Saints could have had 4 easy points today that they passed on when each team likely had more than one possession left and they both did.

The 49er's did it tonight. Kick the 1st FG late in the game and they could have had a chance at kicking a game winning FG on their last possession.

I must be happy with this outcome.
But the Falcons are really tough this year! 😢
I called them scrappy in another thread. The pick up of Udon and Simmons changed their defense. Two of their starters had very good games today. Onyemata and Ellis...names sound familiar? The Falcons will be a tough out the entire season.

I appreciate that No Call in the Atlanta endzone. 👍
The Falcons got screwed on that no call. It was blatant. The refs tried to do the make up call thing on 3 straight plays in the 4th quarter but even that wasn't enough. Terrible non call.

The Falcons got screwed on that no call. It was blatant. The refs tried to do the make up call thing on 3 straight plays in the 4th quarter but even that wasn't enough. Terrible non call.

Yep , still pales in comparison to our " No Call", but NFL has an agenda.

" Don't let Mahomes or Taylor Swift's husband lose.
We need the ratings "

True, but then they got walked down the field with three penalties the next drive.

The call wasn't great but Cousins placed the ball where Pitts had to come back through the CB to make the catch.

If Cousin's had thrown the ball higher, pass interference would more than likely been called...

I called them scrappy in another thread. The pick up of Udon and Simmons changed their defense. Two of their starters had very good games today. Onyemata and Ellis...names sound familiar? The Falcons will be a tough out the entire season.
Yea so true. We all hope the Saints can win Sunday but do we really think the Falcons will lose their first three home games? :confused:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom