So, The NFC East divison leader is 4-7.... (1 Viewer)

Taker597

Hall-of-Famer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
And all teams are in play because of the division crown. Where other teams have less than 1% and one game from elimination at their current standings. It's sad.

Is this the year that they finally change the home playoff game for Division leader rule?

They have won 5 games out of their division with a total of 18 wins...

Pretty sure that historically awful

EoK0gjPXMAEhH4h

Dallas has the easiest road. Dak getting injured was bad timing. They had a cakewalk

That's an improvement over last week.

I don’t think the rule will change on division winners being guaranteed a playoff spot regardless of their record.

By the way, Washington will win that division with whatever record and then be a tough out in the playoffs.

The problem is what it has always been... If you don't reward division winners.... Then there is no reason to have divisions....
They’re never gonna get rid of the divisions in the NFL. Too much history in each on.
You can do that in the NBA, but not the NFL.

You can reward them with as playoff spot. Not a home playoff game.

I don't disagree.... but then again... If division winners are not awarded an automatic playoff spot, as well as preferred seeding over non-division winners.... Then there is far less reason to play over 1/3 of your season against division opponents... I don't like rewarding bad division winners with home playoff games either.... but if we scrap the current system... it cheapens division games and the importance of winning a division IMO.

There is also no evidence that says a bad division winner can't host and win a home playoff game against an opponent with a much better record. (obviously)

I don’t think the rule will change on division winners being guaranteed a playoff spot regardless of their record.

By the way, Washington will win that division with whatever record and then be a tough out in the playoffs.
Washington has gotten really good with Alex Smith back under center. They were leading NFC East when he got injured in 2018 and now they are rounding back to form with him at the reigns. Testament to his abilities at playing winning football.

I don't disagree.... but then again... If division winners are not awarded an automatic playoff spot, as well as preferred seeding over non-division winners.... Then there is far less reason to play over 1/3 of your season against division opponents... I don't like rewarding bad division winners with home playoff games either.... but if we scrap the current system... it cheapens division games and the importance of winning a division IMO.

There is also no evidence that says a bad division winner can't host and win a home playoff game against an opponent with a much better record. (obviously)
This and if you cant beat a 7-9 team no matter where you don't deserve to advance and probably aren’t that good of a team anyway

I'm calling the first ever 6-10 division winner, maybe even tied between Washington & Dallas.

You have to think the #5 seed will have a significantly easier game than normal in the wildcard round, and you just know the Buccs will end up with that 5th seed...

I'm calling the first ever 6-10 division winner, maybe even tied between Washington & Dallas.

You have to think the #5 seed will have a significantly easier game than normal in the wildcard round, and you just know the Buccs will end up with that 5th seed...
No homefield advantage this year,either

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom