So the USA doesn't have control over their airspace? (18 Viewers)

Although not overly concerned about this incident, I would hope that this would drive all branches to develop special security measures to guard against drones, since this is the future of warfare.
Oh, there's no doubt stuff in the works and there are countermeasures out there. The only question is to what extent it's been deployed. It's pretty much impossible to cover every square mile of territory, so I'd imagine they're being selective in terms of deploying available assets and technology.

Considering your choice of thread title, would you like to share your ideas to a solution to this problem?

I'm not sure what the solution is because i'm not a military intelligence person nor have a background in counter defense measures regarding military bases. The fact there is something operating with obvious impunity over one of our more sensitive military installations on US soil is pretty scary imo.

Oh, there's no doubt stuff in the works and there are countermeasures out there. The only question is to what extent it's been deployed. It's pretty much impossible to cover every square mile of territory, so I'd imagine they're being selective in terms of deploying available assets and technology.
Definitely. I wouldn’t expect them to be able to cover the airspace over my house in the middle of nowhere, but having security personnel at all bases trained and equipped to handle drones would be a good start.

I'm waiting for permission to be concerned over this. I can't be trusted to decide things for myself.

Try to watch the hearing on Nov 13.

We will be sick of watching people counting votes by then anyway.

I would think if they were spy drones or non-friendly there wouldn't be lights on them.

One article mentioned that the drones were not using a normal radio frequency typically used by commercially available drones.

"Officials haven't determined if the drones belong to enthusiasts or are operated by countries such as Russia or China, according to the report. U.S. officials are not convinced that hobbyists were behind the controls, with the drones flying in a pattern and using a frequency band not associated with easily bought, commercial drones, The Journal reported."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom