Some 2008 Prospect Wonderlic scores (1 Viewer)

I honestly do not see how this test has any bearing on what kind of players they will be, what kind of learning capacity they have, how much passion and hard work they will put into learning, ect. I scored a 32 on my ACT while drunk, didn't even finish the individual tests becuase I ran out of time. Thats 32 out of 36. I also scored a 1330 on the SAT. I went to LSU on acedemic sholarship, stayed drunk, and quit. My wife scored a 26 on the ACT and had to work her butt off all through high school and college, but she now has a college degree in computer animation.

My point is that standardized tests, especially those as broad as the wonderlick, do not tell you very much about a person. A low score does not mean the person is dumb and has no learning capacity. It just means he processes things differently, not all smart people do well on standardized tests. Some idiots score off the charts. The test is overrated by the media, and FO's don't give it much credence. I honestly, and many GM's share this sentiment, do not know why they still give the test. The combine in general needs to be reevaluated and it is ******** up that these scores are being released

Its really just a test to see how quickly your brain can analyze things. Its not meant to be a football test...Its just a test to see how fast you can think. Its a particularly good tool for QB evaluation.

To learn an NFL playbook, you have to be able to process information quickly. Like you said though, some people process things differently and sometimes the test is a false indication.

To add insult to injury, Rivers had accidentally been telling NFL teams that he scored a 61. :confused:

Seriously though like Pookie, I don't care for Rivers but will root my butt off for him if he's in the black and gold.

I honestly do not see how this test has any bearing on what kind of players they will be, what kind of learning capacity they have, how much passion and hard work they will put into learning, ect. I scored a 32 on my ACT while drunk, didn't even finish the individual tests becuase I ran out of time. Thats 32 out of 36. I also scored a 1330 on the SAT. I went to LSU on acedemic sholarship, stayed drunk, and quit. My wife scored a 26 on the ACT and had to work her butt off all through high school and college, but she now has a college degree in computer animation.

My point is that standardized tests, especially those as broad as the wonderlick, do not tell you very much about a person. A low score does not mean the person is dumb and has no learning capacity. It just means he processes things differently, not all smart people do well on standardized tests. Some idiots score off the charts. The test is overrated by the media, and FO's don't give it much credence. I honestly, and many GM's share this sentiment, do not know why they still give the test. The combine in general needs to be reevaluated and it is ******** up that these scores are being released

totally agree and so does the FO of each team.....media are the ones who love to quantify. Personally I am shocked its still even used. In my opinion, the FO feels the same way. The proof is in the interviews and how active every team is in the process.

Give me 10 minutes with someone and I can tell you how dumb/smart they are. You can throw that scantron test in the garbage.

CWD

This test is garbage.The only position where it carries a little weight is with QB's(and I mean a little weight).I believe A.Brooks did terrible on this test while Brees,Brady and Peyton did extremely well.At least I believe that was the same test,I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

It's hard to believe a college student with at least three years of college coursework would struggle on these tests. They are simple math and logical thinking questions. Makes you wonder what classes are they taking at college and how are they passing them.

Yea, but not everyone is cut out for college. :hihi:

Before talking about doing well on this test, ( Brees, Brady Manning ) remember all the talk about some players being pre-tested before getting the real deal !!!!!

Yea, but not everyone is cut out for college. :hihi:

I looked at the three bottom scorers they mentioned in article. I expected sports administration and communication as majors, but Rivers was a history major.

Keith Rivers is a history major at USC.
Kenny Phillips is a sports administration major at Miami.
Ryan Clady is a communication major at Boise State.

I got one name for you guys.......Rickey Jackson. Rickey would have gotten like a 4 on the Wonderlic, does anyone think it affected his career?

Rivers scored low, it is something to take in account... He also did not produce that well, even behind one of the better college DT's & DE combo's in the game.

I am not sold on him as I am other players. There are other players I like better at either #10 or #40.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom