Video Some level headed comments about Taysom/Bronco game.. (1 Viewer)

TCEd

All-Pro
Reaction score
Look, I get it, we wanted Taysom to come out and outdo his job last week, show "improvement" in "our eyes" as fans & yes that was something I wanted to see, but more than that, I wanted to win & I'm glad we got the second part regardless of the first part not being to pleasing to the eye test. But I know we have among this awesome fan base, some who may not care about that as much, they only want to see the reincarnation of DB, but to put it in perspective & to hopefully pull some of you off the ledge, check out T-Bob's video below, trust me this is medicine for the soul...

Definitely the voice of reason and that has been how I felt since the game got underway. I have also stopped with the trying to figure out QB of the future stuff because right now it’s about getting Drew back healthy and enjoying this last ride in the here and now.
But those that fret over those throws yesterday are not without reason. He made bad decisions period. And given how we lined up to mostly run, there should have been and were open guys. Sky is definitely not falling as some of the reactions indicate though. Have SP, will be fine.

we’re on to Atlanta though.

I think if he had just been mediocre, then you're fine with it.

12-23, 153 yards something like that

But as good as he was vs Atlanta, he was that bad vs Denver.

If Taysom was 26 and not nearly 31. I'd be much more optimistic. His ceiling as a passer just isn't high. When he loses his wheels. He gonna do what Brees did post 35.

He has to rely on his mental skillset as a passer to perform at a high level.

He's just not a naturally gifted passer. To be honest... That would be okay at 24-26. It's safe to say that this is who Taysom will be. The same probably be true with Winston as well.

My advice is to not worry about the QB of future and just go all in this season. There is very little to critique, but Hill and Winston foundational issues are still prevelant.

We may still be faced with drafting a QB.

I disagree with his comments about Winston. While yes, he threw a lot of interceptions with Tampa, he has started and been under pressure in more games and has won many games. People also have to remember that Winston did not have a great offensive line either while he was there which forced him to throw bad or get sacked. Look how many interceptions Brady is throwing with Arians as coach. I'm just saying, I think Arians was the problem with Winston.

Yes, all we need to do is win while Drew is out, but I have not seen anything that blows my mind out of the water that Taysom should be starting. Winston came into a game with no preparation (threw no interceptions and drove down the field to lead to a TD) and Hill has had two full preparations and we are just lucky Denver didn't have a QB. At 30 years old, I prefer Taysom as the gadget player because that sparks our offense. Him full time as QB doesn't cut it.

Big props to our defense for doing their job, but honestly, they only had to defend the run. People look at the score, but Denver had a zero chance on offense to even remotely make the defense sweat.

I think if he had just been mediocre, then you're fine with it.

12-23, 153 yards something like that

But as good as he was vs Atlanta, he was that bad vs Denver.

Sean Payton said as much as well as Taysom ...they scrapped the original game plan when it was clear they would be playing with no NFL QB. We ran the ball 44 of 63 plays.
The last time we were 2:1 ratio of run/pass, Sean was suspended lol.

We never established a rhythm to the offense, the play calling was scattershot in the first quarter. We didnt audible or adjust at the LOS when they showed blitz. It was pretty vanilla like a pre-season game.

Sean Payton said as much as well as Taysom ...they scrapped the original game plan when it was clear they would be playing with no NFL QB. We ran the ball 44 of 63 plays.
The last time we were 2:1 ratio of run/pass, Sean was suspended lol.

We never established a rhythm to the offense, the play calling was scattershot in the first quarter. We didnt audible or adjust at the LOS when they showed blitz. It was pretty vanilla like a pre-season game.

That's because Sean is not Bruce. There were clear design pass plays that Taysom failed to read his WRs. Use it as an excuse as you will, but the passing game failed which we reverted to a lot of running. Not having to sweat the opposing offense, it just made our defense work easier.

For me, the issue with Taysom and Winston is the same. It's the mindset, "When the first read isn't there, I'm going to throw to Thomas or run and hope someone comes open before I get to the line." That limits your offense and catches up with you eventually.

This was his second NFL start. I'm sorry but no NFL qb will be a world beater without having a training camp and valuable reps with first team. I'll reserve judgement till after the season then in preseason next year

If I'm a head coach and have to decide next year to pay or not pay the former starting QB on my roster, I want to know as much about my other options as possible. If Payton claims that the poor showing is due to coaching, I'm not going to argue.

Teddy B’s second start last year yielded 4 fgs and no tds by the offense. And he got a whole offseason and training camp training in nothing other than QB. Everyone needs to chill

as usual, everyone wants to make snap "final" judgements on latest small subset of data.. short memories, and want to have a complete judgement on small sample of what we see in game. coaching staff has seen a lot more of him that we have.
and the poster that is always pointing at his age.. being 30. dude, steve young sucked till was around that age, and is in HoF,
its as if they don't come in as stars, they cant' become one.. look how long Stinchcomb played before people here decided maybe he was ok.. heck, all the arguing of Strief, and he was listed as best right tackle in football several years. and people still say he suckedf because of 1 bad game vs watt..
it would be great if he turned out to be that next franchise guy, wtihout going thru pains of several years of finding that one..
kind of ponder how much draft stock it would take to get Darnold, with all the story that with having top pick, they have to go qb.. it would be smarter to invest 4 picks on their oline, TE, and a wr. and take every udfa back they can get hands on.
we have a team around he could win a lot of games.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom