Something that aggravates me a bit.. (1 Viewer)

Not a fan of using Hill, when the offense is in a nice rhythm. It tends to take the offense out of rhythm, regardless of the field position.
U r about to get ran out of SaintsReport town with flaming pitchforks behind ya.. If u had said this yesterday.

Seriously? Sean Payton is the 2nd best coach in the league, probable Hall of Famer, best offensive mind of the decade and you are really going to doubt his play calling after losing Brees then going 3-0 against a brutal schedule with a QB who hasn't played much in nearly 4 years. We all love Taysom, but just appreciate true greatness.
..and Taysom's throw to Michael Thomas is what got things rolling. That throw was a dart! He was going to throw again but pulled it down and ran for another first down later on.

I had mentioned in another thread that we were going to have to start having Taysom throw. It was great to see this happen.

Well I wouldn't mind it if Taysom could read the zone-read. He gets it wrong about half the time which means he's guessing. He needs a better play.

Still, I think it was huge when Taysom completed that pass (on his first attempt of the season in 46 snaps). No longer is he a either a gimmick or an obvious option-offense QB when he's out there. When he's a threat to throw, it should open up the field a bit more for him and the RBs.

Often in the red zone, SP will give Hill a play at quarterback on second down. If not converted it only allows Teddy one pass play to "go get that first down." I don't think it very effective as it limits Teddy's opportunities to move the chains. Nothing against Hill, I just think using Hill that close to the endzone limits the ability for Teddy to lead the offense to a TD. Thoughts?

I don't think this is the way to think about it. If you have a second and one then my favorite play is to go with a deep ball since you still have a very convertible third. But you aren't in that situation often so the best play on second is whatever makes third manageable. The bulk of Hills plays are runs or something short that is picking up yards. Most of the plays he runs either pick up the first or make third extremely manageable. I could see your point if the goal was to try and throw for 10 yards every down until you get the first, but that isn't how it works in a well called game.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom