Soooo, I kinda got a Jeep,,,,,,,,,,,,, or two. (1 Viewer)

Rickboy

Nom Nom Nom Nom.. me hungry for a SuperBowl
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So, back in March, my trophy wife of 23 years and I decided to visit the Denver auto show. There we saw the new Jeep Wrangler. Both of us thought it was pretty sweet but went about our business. Two weeks later, somehow my wife gets it in her mind that she doesn't really care for her car that much. So she gets me to take her to the nearby Mini store to look at a Countryman. After 30 minutes she realizes that just isn't for her.

This is when I make the catastrophic mistake of reminding her that she really seemed to like the new Wrangler.

2 hours later this happened.
40809270624_c63e39601e_b.jpg

That was all well and good right. She's happy, I'm happy, everyone's happy. It's a nice Jeep. Too nice. That's when the real problems started happening. Because I made another catastrophic mistake. I drove the damn thing. And before long this happened..

27045373657_11616c7093_b.jpg

These damn things multiply like rabbits.

Well that's great, I'm happy, She's happy, Carpenter is happy, Everyone is happy.. All's well right? Then I made another mistake. I took if off road. We drove up a nice trail in Colorado, had a picnic by a river, fun times all around right?

Someone once said that Jeeps are a money pit. Yea, they're right because next this happened.
42645445205_2a49719074_b.jpg

Then this happened
42719777225_63958e530b_b.jpg

And soon a Winch, Front bumper, compressor, CB Radio, tents, camping gear, etc., etc., etc. are gonna happen..

Geez @Joe OKC why didn't you warn me about these things..

Congratulations....

It's the Next best thing to Harley Davidson... Plus it won a World War... Jeeps are just plain bad arse all the way around... My Cherokee is a 91 with 280K miles... You will also make new Jeep friends... and do Jeep stuff...

I have been waiting 15 years for the truck.

Until then.. When I am not on my scooter.. I got this setup... WWII Style...

jeep trailer gun 4 2017.jpg

Last edited:
Yea, in a couple days, yours won't be the only JL on SR.com...

I'll drive my little beater Honda for a few more years and I'd love to get a Jeep that can power through my fishing/camping excapades and lasts a few decades or more...

Anyway, sweet setup!

Paid my 2012 Wrangler off last year, its the best vehicle I've ever had and even better now without a note.
I hope it lasts for 200k + miles!

Rick: How's the wind noise? We looked at the new Wranglers back in '09 and the noise on the highway was unbearable.

Rick: How's the wind noise? We looked at the new Wranglers back in '09 and the noise on the highway was unbearable.

I've been looking at Jeeps for the last several years and there were two factors that kept me from buying. One was wind and the other was an oscillation from the suspension that was like Chinese water torture on my eardrums. The JL has greatly improved in both of these areas. On wind noise, however, I highly recommend buying the Alpine speaker upgrade because it also comes with acoustic glass in the windshield, which is much quieter than Wranglers without it. Miyako's Jeep doesn't have this and it is certainly louder than mine. There are also 3rd party products you can line the hard top with to improve the noise level even more, however I haven't tried those.

Basically, I think you should go drive one again to see if it works for you. Perhaps take a good look at the Sahara trim level with the Alpine upgrade.

Oh and the interior is VASTLY better than the old one.

Ugh.... i bought an awesome 1999 wrangler after Katrina when I was going through my MadMax stage. I drove it for a while and then laid it up for something more “practical”. It was black, lifted and had frog lights on the front roll bar. Great stereo with speakers mounted on the mid roll bar. Winch. Trailer hitch. Really cool.

3 years ago, I traded it to some framers that were building something for me. Probably a $5,000 trade which was a great deal for the framers imo.

Looking back, I really wish I still had it. It was a blast offroad. Nothing comes close when it comes to handling. Turned on a dime. Horrible gas mileage.

Congrats and have fun!

You are truly gonna love it Rickboy... There is no doubt.

Here's a pic or two... Just to see the Star... I call this Paint job 1943 N Afrika. The Numbers are actually the VIN numbers to the Jeep. The 20- stands for 1/4 ton Truck.

43 N afrika 2.jpg

43 N Afrika.jpg

Now.. Techinally this isn't a Jeep, but I picked this up earlier this year... It was a lucky find.. Had Bubba NOT cut and extended the frame I would have kept it. But I bought it just to turn it.

1944 Dodge Weapons Carrier.

20180405_192314a.jpg

and my '48 Willys is still in my shop in a million pieces...

One other great aspect about a Jeep... They make a great tow vehicle.. To pull behind and RV ... short. tight turn circle. Transfer case slips into Neutral. or to just load on a trailer

Last edited:
I love my Jeep...

vzYGlD.jpg

I love my Jeep...

vzYGlD.jpg

Nice ride.. that’s almost exactly what i’d Like to get in the next couple of years.. a late-model Rubicon, preferably black, but with two doors instead of four.. just personal preference, i guess i am more of a Jeep purist... that said, right now i drive a Grand Cherokee, and while it’s a great car, it isnt really a JEEP.

We got my daughter a Jeep Cherokee Sport for College....last month she and a friend flipped it (360)….totaled it. Luckily no one was hurt and I owe it all to :
1) they both had on their seatbelts.
2) every airbag in that thing went off....front, side, foot, passanger seat etc. They were encapsulated in airbags.
Whenever she gets another vehicle it will be another Jeep.

So, back in March, my trophy wife of 23 years and I decided to visit the Denver auto show. There we saw the new Jeep Wrangler. Both of us thought it was pretty sweet but went about our business. Two weeks later, somehow my wife gets it in her mind that she doesn't really care for her car that much. So she gets me to take her to the nearby Mini store to look at a Countryman. After 30 minutes she realizes that just isn't for her.

This is when I make the catastrophic mistake of reminding her that she really seemed to like the new Wrangler.

2 hours later this happened.
40809270624_c63e39601e_b.jpg

That was all well and good right. She's happy, I'm happy, everyone's happy. It's a nice Jeep. Too nice. That's when the real problems started happening. Because I made another catastrophic mistake. I drove the damn thing. And before long this happened..

27045373657_11616c7093_b.jpg

These damn things multiply like rabbits.

Well that's great, I'm happy, She's happy, Carpenter is happy, Everyone is happy.. All's well right? Then I made another mistake. I took if off road. We drove up a nice trail in Colorado, had a picnic by a river, fun times all around right?

Someone once said that Jeeps are a money pit. Yea, they're right because next this happened.
42645445205_2a49719074_b.jpg

Then this happened
42719777225_63958e530b_b.jpg

And soon a Winch, Front bumper, compressor, CB Radio, tents, camping gear, etc., etc., etc. are gonna happen..

Looks great except you chose cowboy blue and falcons red. :)

Seems like a big change for you versus the Jag SUV you had. How was that transition?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom