Star Trek: Picard (1 Viewer)

Do you need to have watched the first two seasons of Picard for this one to make any sense?
Yes and no.

Picard has a boo now and Seven of Nine is now a Starfleet XO on RIker's former ship.

Both occurred near the end of season two. But you can technically do without.

On a side note, how the hell is Riker not an admiral? I thought he was in season one, but he definitely was in "All Good Things." Did that somehow get retconned?

On a side note, how the hell is Riker not an admiral? I thought he was in season one, but he definitely was in "All Good Things." Did that somehow get retconned?
He was an admiral in All Good Things. He was an admiral in the novels. In the Picardverse, he's remained a Captain. How? I don't know. I guess it fit better with the story? They didn't want two admirals running around doing things?

Episode 2 is now uploaded to my brain. This episode was every bit as good as the first one. They really aren't messing around with this season. There's no dragging things out for episodes on end only to reveal stuff that we saw coming a mile away. Nope. It's "cut the shirt and let's get down to business" this season.

- Worf is back! And the Klingon theme is back! And we didn't have to wait until the second to last episode of the season for the reveal of Raffi's handler.
- Sneed the Ferengi was good. I liked the short time he had in the episode.
- The whole Jack is Picard's son reveal was enjoyable. We ALL knew it was coming and, once again, they didn't make us wait. The way that they revealed things with no dialogue, just looks. Fork yes!
- I LOVED how Picard took over at the very end and Captain Dick actually seemed like a decent human for a moment when he found out who Jack was.
- Amanda Plummer - ho, lee, shirt. She's rather scary and I can't wait to see how things develop with her character in upcoming episodes. That laugh to end the episode. She's crazy and she's just toying with them because she looks like she lives for the chase.
- The Shrike threw a forking ship at another ship. That ship is a beast.

So far s3 is what I wish s1 and 2 would have been like. S1 and 2 had terrible writing/plot - they made Picard seem like a confused old man (that had to be explained what a transporter buffer was, among other things).

a horrible wig (or whatever they used for Data's hair). https://www.trekbbs.com/threads/cgid-data-looks-like-lores-head-from-datalore.301450/

The use of 400 year old slang and curse words, just to be edgy and cool, I guess. List goes on and on.

The only episode in s1 and 2 that I really enjoyed was when Picard and Riker made pizza. S3 so far, has been so much better and exceeded my expectations.

also:

- Worf is back! And the Klingon theme is back! And we didn't have to wait until the second to last episode of the season for the reveal of Raffi's handler.
This was actually the best part of the episode for me. Came completely out of nowhere.

This was actually the best part of the episode for me. Came completely out of nowhere.
I thought for sure that
her handler was in on the bombing with the way they said she might be killed next and was telling her to stop. It seemed like he was threatening her, but we now know he was trying to protect her.

I thought for sure that
her handler was in on the bombing with the way they said she might be killed next and was telling her to stop. It seemed like he was threatening her, but we now know he was trying to protect her.
The whole "warrior" talk in the replies was a dead giveaway.

Just finished episode 3. Wow, just wow. I need more spoiler discussion from you guys.

- The space battles between the Titan and the Shrike in the nebula are just absolutely gorgeous.
- The quantum tunneling weapon shots of the Titan going in and coming through were magnificent.
- I actually belly laughed when Worf was introducing himself with all his titles and then immediately follows it up with, "I have made some chamomile tea." Forking hilarious. And not the only hilarious bits from him. He has certainly worked on his sense of humor.
- My goodness, that scene between Picard and Beverly in sickbay. That had some incredible energy from both of them, but Patrick Stewart just hammered the hell out of it.
- Forking Changelings!!
- I loved that we got an Odo reference without the actual name drop.
- So what was stolen from the Daystrom Institute? My money is it was Lore that was stolen.
- And that sure as hell doesn't seem like Riker. I think there might be more than one Changeling on board.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom