Starcraft 2 (1 Viewer)

theicebox

Very Banned
Reaction score
Its coming out at the end of this month.
Anyone else upgrading for it?
Ive been waiting on this game for 4 years now.
My life just might be complete.

I played the **** out of Starcraft. So, so much time playing that game that I just don't see where playing it with prettier graphics can make me want to play more Starcraft.

I played the **** out of Starcraft. So, so much time playing that game that I just don't see where playing it with prettier graphics can make me want to play more Starcraft.

+1

New units, new storyline.

It's this and Civ on the PC, since Warcraft isn't an RTS anymore.

New units, new storyline.

It's this and Civ on the PC, since Warcraft isn't an RTS anymore.

And since EA wrecked the C&C series. Hopefully Generals 2 comes out someday. Generals was/is a great game.

And since EA wrecked the C&C series. Hopefully Generals 2 comes out someday. Generals was/is a great game.

Hopefully it won't be as long as a wait as it has been for SC2.

I like PC gaming, but I have trouble finding games I can really sink my teeth into.

I agree. The reviews for C&C4 were so bad that I didn't even touch it - and I cut my online PC teeth on that series in 96-97.

My nephew recently picked up RA3 on Steam, and we've been having a really good time with that.

I agree. The reviews for C&C4 were so bad that I didn't even touch it - and I cut my online PC teeth on that series in 96-97.

My nephew recently picked up RA3 on Steam, and we've been having a really good time with that.

Is RA3 the kind of game where I could get nice and toasty and lose 3 or 4 hours?

Is RA3 the kind of game where I could get nice and toasty and lose 3 or 4 hours?

Yes. It's really fun.

A multiplayer battle usually lasts 15 min to an hour. The single player is pretty good, and there is a good single player expansion that's pretty good.

If you're not into MP, the expansion is standalone, and pretty challenging - but RA3 shines in MP.

I may look for it this weekend. Kinda burning out on console gaming.

I don't remember what the kids paid for it on Steam, but it must have been cheap. I bought 2 copies at launch - it's a great series.

I just ordered a bunch of gear to upgrade my pc.
I got to go and reserve my copy for SC2.

I just ordered a bunch of gear to upgrade my pc.
I got to go and reserve my copy for SC2.

Don't go nuts on the upgrade for this game, unless you just really want an upgrade. The beta looks beautiful and plays smoothly on my PC which I haven't upgraded in almost three years.

AMD 64X2 5200+ (no OC)
2GB DDR2
8800 GTX 768MB

Not only have I not upgraded, I actually downgraded. I used to have 4GB of ram and dual 8800 GTX's, but I pulled out some ram and one of my 8800's to put in my wife's computer so she could play Sims 3. I thought I wouldn't be able to run SC2 very well, but I had zero problems with the beta.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom