Starcraft 2 (1 Viewer)

Who's ready for Heart of the Swarm tomorrow?

They made the achievements 10X easier. Now you only have to complete the missions in campaign to unlock the new awesome portraits. I finished the WoL campaign on Hard recently, only portraits I am missing is Valerian and Horner. That last mission on hard, use the artifact no more than once, that is quite a pain. I haven't even attempted Media Blitz for the achievement yet. Out of the entire campaign I have 88% of the achievements according to the data on the login screen. I have yet to go through the game on Brutal. I am missing just 3 missions on Hard mode, as for Brutal, I breezed past some of the missions I have done (only 6) but the major hard ones like Supernova are a big pain.

They also have made the campaign only 20 missions. I will probably finish this in total tomorrow, in just one run since the WoL campaign itself was incredibly easy (except for Supernova, In Utter Darkness, and All In on Hard/Brutal difficulties)

What gets me the most is the Infested Stukov portrait. I want that baby so bad. Won't take me long to get it though. I think it's awesome they brought him back from Brood War. I liked the UED and when he came back infested, I was amazed. I

In case you were wondering, the Swarm portraits for all 3 races WILL count for Team wins this time. All solo/team wins still count for the standard portraits for all races, including Random. The "experience" tab when you finish a game, that is for the Swarm levels and goes towards the new portraits. This is great since team wins will count towards them. I can still play Random and finish off my 1000 Random team wins for the Hybrid portrait and still manage to pick up the new Swarm portraits.

The new Kerrigan portraits, I want all of them, especially the Ghost one. They are certainly the best portraits in the game now, along with Infested Stukov.

AlexeiStukov_HotS_Head1.JPG

Since the achievements are already showing up, one of them is to level Kerrigan to Level 70 to unlock the Kerrigan Ghost portrait, so I am wondering if they took the Warcraft III approach and Kerrigan is a hero unit now that can constantly level up like that.

Well it's done now.

I played a few rounds of multiplayer. The XP stuff is really cool, and it don't make much to start massing up on it.

Funniest thing? Terran is no longer OP like they were in the original SCII game.

Now? I'd say Protoss will be the next OP thing. Mass Tempest and Void Rays are next to impossible to stop. I have seen it several times and it's only day 1. The Tempest is absolutely BRUTAL. Why build Carriers when you can stock up 10 Tempest, behind 7 VRs and upgrade them all to 2/2/2 on weapons/shield/armor?

My first Toss game, I built 6 Void rays, and 10 Tempest. Other guy has mass stalkers. I lost just 3 VR's, those Tempest absolutely demolished him. Then in a 4v4 game, I made 14 VR's and 20 Tempest and managed to take out 3 of the 4 opponents all in just one run. Hydralisks, Stalkers, Marines, even thors do absolutely nothing to those Tempests as long as you are up with your upgrades. I have yet to see anyone stop that build of Voidray/Tempest.

The new Zerg Swarm Host is just killer. That thing absolutely rapes noobs who don't know how to build observers or overseers and use all their scans up on mules cause they don't make enough worker units.

Waiting to finish God of War, Hitman, & Ni No Kuni, then I'll pick this up. Between my 20+ hours of Dota 2 a week, it may be awhile.

Waiting to finish God of War, Hitman, & Ni No Kuni, then I'll pick this up. Between my 20+ hours of Dota 2 a week, it may be awhile.

Beware if you play online. Tempest is the most over powered unit EVER. That thing has 36 range. I have been taking people's bases out from nearly half way across the map. I have seen it totally rape people easily. The Tempest is so OP because of it's range and how nothing can counter it. Marines get shredded from splash damage. Thors are a joke because you can sit back and take Thors out from a distance, without them even being near you. Stalkers ROFL LOL LOL I can't help but laugh at the number of times I see Toss players mass Stalkers against Tempest like it's going to do something. They get shredded from a distance too, and when they blink back, they still take damage. I have seen Vikings take them out, but you need like 50 Vikings, or else you will die. Corruptors work for a bit, that is until they all die from splash damage.

That thing was supposed to be the Anti Muta unit, and it turned into the God unit of the game. People said mass BC's were ovepowered before Brood War came out, they haven't seen nothing yet.

What I do is build like 5-10 VR's behind my 10 Tempest just to soak up damage, and most the time I don't even need that cause nothing comes in range of them before dying.

Also the Widow Mines make Terran still overpowered on the ground. Just the fact those things cost 25 minerals and 75 gas and the fact that they are not 1 time only and can blow up a whole army, is absolutely ridiculous. If you are a Terran in 1v1 against a Zerg, OK do the 7 minute rush. You can throw down an extractor and make 2 mines at the same time. Go in with like 6 marines and 4 mines, lay the mines down in the Zerg base. If they expoed early, they have nothing but lings to defend. Even if they take out your marines, they have no detection and screwed. If you put the widow mines near their mineral lines, it's gg from there.

I do have to say the campaign has been loads more fun than Wings of Liberty. I'm down to the last 4 missions, stopped so I didn't spoil it. It's not only fun to play with Kerrigan, you get to level her up like an RPG game, and that is the most brilliant part of it, using her special abilities and getting achievements for them. Wait until you get her Leaping ability and the Psionic Charge, then it gets extremely more fun.

I might go back and finish the campaign tonight or in the morning, or at least get my Stukov portrait.

Completed the campaign yesterday, wasn't hard at all. Missed out on Kerrigan Level 70 portrait because I missed the last 2 bonus objectives in the mission you play as Stukov. 64% total achievements earned in my first run. Going back on hard now.

Level 5 Zerg, Level 5 Protoss, and Level 3 Terran achieved. You gain XP even doing customs and co op now, you gain XP doing almost anything, so it won't be hard to run it up and gain points and get portraits without doing multiplayer but I just got ranked in Platinum so I am playing it. This is cool however because I rarely play 1v1. I like team games better since I get the enjoyment playing with my friend who is stationed in Japan overseas in the Marines. We used to play before he went into the service and so we get on Skype and play, and it brings back the old days for us. I am 4v4 Platinum for the 1st time WITHOUT it being a total organized team.

I get the feeling I am the only Starcraft player on this site.

I just bought it. I played the original but, obviously, just starting this now. I prefer team games as well. Or at least games with people I know

I just bought it. I played the original but, obviously, just starting this now. I prefer team games as well. Or at least games with people I know

Lots of crying in 4v4 team games since the expansion came out. I love playing team games with my friends, but can't stand the loud mouth team mates, specifically the ones with a headset that get there screaming and cussing.

I just started playing this again. I still rather the first one, but this one is growing. Anyone still play it? I am definitely not as fast as I used to be.

I just started playing this again. I still rather the first one, but this one is growing. Anyone still play it? I am definitely not as fast as I used to be.

Yes I do! Do you play multiplayer or the campaigns? The co-operative mode with two players is fun. I love that.

There was no main starcraft topic that I could find, so I guess this is good enough to post this:

If you have amazon prime, amazon is offering starcraft remastered free as part of your prime membership

"StarCraft: Remastered is a remastered edition of the 1998 real-time strategy video game StarCraft and its expansion Brood War, which was released on August 14, 2017. It retains the gameplay of the original StarCraft, but features ultra-high-definition graphics (ultra HD), re-recorded audio, and Blizzard's modern online feature suite."

while signed into your Amazon Prime account click on "claim" or scroll down to the section listed as 'Games we love, free with Prime'

it will also ask you to link your battle.net account to complete the claim

Nice to see Who Dats represented in the crowd at the last 2 ESL events. Me in Atlanta and someone else this week in Dallas was wearing a Saints hat.

GEAUX DARK

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom