Superdome Renovations Enters Phase 3 (1 Viewer)

I know this is blasphemous, but more stadiums need to do what ATL did with the bottom seats having access to the field (right behind the player benches) this was one of the coolest experiences ever last year against Atlanta. You could go up to your seat at anytime but the field area was filled with tables and a drink bench at the railing. Standing on turf for the game and watching the players come off the field and get with their position coaches was really neat to experience.

Yelling at Matt Ryan and telling him to throw us another one was a unique experience too haha.

Also, you enter near the player tunnels to the locker rooms so I got to hang out and say who dat to the guys as they were coming in from warmups.
Following up on ATL, I was blown away with the open spaces in the concourses.

In addition, gotta give Arthur Blank credit for concession pricing….it’s something like cokes for $1, popcorn for $1, hot dogs for like $2….everything was really affordable…..I’m pretty sure beer remained higher than normal but everything else was really low.

Better food service, eh? I’ll believe it when I taste it. For a stadium in one of the culinary capitals of the world, the Dome food sucks.
Not only is the food horrid but the service is so slow. Getting a drink and back to your seat quickly never happens. And the main bottleneck is how slow the servers are.

In addition, gotta give Arthur Blank credit for concession pricing….it’s something like cokes for $1, popcorn for $1, hot dogs for like $2….everything was really affordable…..I’m pretty sure beer remained higher than normal but everything else was really low.
I'm pretty sure the PSLs help defray that cost.

Stupid question time…what are club seats?

The ones I can't afford. 😢
Man, I sat in the corner for years (section 318). Then maybe in 2007 they included our seats the club. We went a few years without any increase. Then all of a sudden the invoice for the new season comes. Our seats went from $1,300 to $2,600. That was too much of a sticker shock.

(Ironically, divorce proceedings started and I cancelled the seats anyway.)

Man, I sat in the corner for years (section 318). Then maybe in 2007 they included our seats the club. We went a few years without any increase. Then all of a sudden the invoice for the new season comes. Our seats went from $1,300 to $2,600. That was too much of a sticker shock.

(Ironically, divorce proceedings started and I cancelled the seats anyway.)
How is the site lines in that section? We moved our seats to 318 this year. Just wondering if you can see good on the other end of the field.

Recently I ran across and rewatched our 2018 road win over the Falcons, the game where Drew faked out two guys at the goal line to force OT. Cris Carter was in the booth for it and commented about how the amenities in the ol’ sphincter stadium contributed to the lack of noise.

So, we do have to be mindful of these added “creature comforts” as it relates to any decreased crowd noise. Also, elevators will take over for the pedestrian ramps inside? Better hope they never fail!

Arthur had no choice but to drop prices. Nobody goes to the games. Of course the concourses are going to be spacious. On that note who going to pay the PSL’s. This went well.

So, we do have to be mindful of these added “creature comforts” as it relates to any decreased crowd noise. Also, elevators will take over for the pedestrian ramps inside? Better hope they never fail!
It's supposed to be escalators.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom