Take The Rose Colored Glasses Off........ (14 Viewers)

Reaction score
Even the most ardent and overly optimistic Saints fan has to see that this is just a bad, bad football team. Yes, injuries are a big part of the game but guess what? All teams deal with injuries. The Chiefs were shorthanded against the Saints last Monday, made adjustments and embarrassed the Saints on national TV. There are no adjustments with the Saints. It’s just the same thing, year after year.

Dennis Allen might as well just wear a shirt that says, “We’ve got to get better” because that is his same speech since he has been a head coach. He is NOT a head coach. He may be a nice guy but he is not head coach material. No one wants to run through a brick wall for him. He is milk toast and holds no one accountable for anything. He has had losing records with the Raiders and now with the Saints.

And Mickey Loomis is to blame as well. He has made bad decision after bad decision yet he lives in some sort of golden room so as to not have any blame. I am beginning to see that Sean Payton was the one that pulled the strings when he was here and not Loomis. Yes, Loomis can be one hell of an accountant but an eye for talent? Eh.

I’ve seen some posts stating that the Saints will “get right” against the Broncos, don’t panic, “if we just” did this or that, long way to go, etc, etc. The Saints are the team other teams get right with. The panic button is firmly pushed after a 51 point, 500+ yard let down at home. And if’s and but’s were candy and nuts, well, you know the rest.

This is a bad football team with maybe four wins left in them. I don’t see an easy game nor a get right game left on their schedule. Dennis Allen HAS to go at the end of the year and this team needs a complete coaching and culture redo.

Even the most ardent and overly optimistic Saints fan has to see that this is just a bad, bad football team. Yes, injuries are a big part of the game but guess what? All teams deal with injuries. The Chiefs were shorthanded against the Saints last Monday, made adjustments and embarrassed the Saints on national TV. There are no adjustments with the Saints. It’s just the same thing, year after year.

Dennis Allen might as well just wear a shirt that says, “We’ve got to get better” because that is his same speech since he has been a head coach. He is NOT a head coach. He may be a nice guy but he is not head coach material. No one wants to run through a brick wall for him. He is milk toast and holds no one accountable for anything. He has had losing records with the Raiders and now with the Saints.

And Mickey Loomis is to blame as well. He has made bad decision after bad decision yet he lives in some sort of golden room so as to not have any blame. I am beginning to see that Sean Payton was the one that pulled the strings when he was here and not Loomis. Yes, Loomis can be one hell of an accountant but an eye for talent? Eh.

I’ve seen some posts stating that the Saints will “get right” against the Broncos, don’t panic, “if we just” did this or that, long way to go, etc, etc. The Saints are the team other teams get right with. The panic button is firmly pushed after a 51 point, 500+ yard let down at home. And if’s and but’s were candy and nuts, well, you know the rest.

This is a bad football team with maybe four wins left in them. I don’t see an easy game nor a get right game left on their schedule. Dennis Allen HAS to go at the end of the year and this team needs a complete coaching and culture redo.
As of right now, I only see two winnable games left on the schedule. This could subject to change, if we get some key players back, but even then, I don’t think there would be many more games.
One thing this current era of Saints football has shown, was that if our opponents have a better than .500 record, we are most likely going to lose. So, based on that evidence, I have pretty much no faith in a turnaround season.
On one hand, I would love to see us somehow flip that and start beating these teams. As I’m a Saints fan first.
However, if that happens, then a certain someone would probably retain their job, and I don’t think that is exactly what this team needs going forward

Last edited:
Can someone explain to me why Sean left? Don’t tell me he was tired and burned out and blah blah because he clearly wasn’t. He wanted a change for a reason. It’s not like he went somewhere and started fresh. He took half the coaches and a bunch players with him. He also went where there was no legit QB. So tell me again why did Sean leave? Here are my theories:

1. Power struggle to become part owner of the team which I believe Mickey Loomis is part owner. (No proof)

2. The safety in the city ? It’s unsafe and his wife told him they need to leave ?

3. The organization at the top doesn’t have winners and he got tired of it?

4. Maybe Dennis Allen and Ruzzi were giving him a hard time and Mickey didn’t have his back in a crucial situation?

I don’t know what happened but I lost respect for Mickey as a GM for letting one of the greatest coaches in franchise history just walk out the door. Dumb and stupid mistake.

The Saints are starting to become like my beloved Angels.

They won a world series unexpectedly have a magical season. Proceed to be really great the next 8 years but always getting bounced in the playoffs,

Then when Trout and Pujols came the team suddenly was unable to draft well or acquire talents to support the team. Soscia kept team afloat, then he retired.

After that the Angels have been a complete fire 🔥. Ohtani the greatest talent in our lifetimes went across town in LA put up greatrst seaaon by a hitter. Trout now has a bad medical condition and the roster is nothing but bad players

Can someone explain to me why Sean left? Don’t tell me he was tired and burned out and blah blah because he clearly wasn’t. He wanted a change for a reason. It’s not like he went somewhere and started fresh. He took half the coaches and a bunch players with him. He also went where there was no legit QB. So tell me again why did Sean leave? Here are my theories:

1. Power struggle to become part owner of the team which I believe Mickey Loomis is part owner. (No proof)

2. The safety in the city ? It’s unsafe and his wife told him they need to leave ?

4. Maybe Dennis Allen and Ruzzi were giving him a hard time and Mickey didn’t have his back in a crucial situation?

I don’t know what happened but I lost respect for Mickey as a GM for letting one of the greatest coaches in franchise history just walk out the door. Dumb and stupid mistake.
Its something. I stated in a thread Sean read the room, sensed what was coming and left.

It kinda doesn’t matter why SP left bc it’s not applicable, for our current state of affairs. We can’t keep looking back, if we need to find solutions in the present. Which in turn, we can never build for the future, if we can’t live in the present. This team, whether someone wants to say that it has a lack of identity or not. If it does, then it’s not a good. Either way, there is a rotten stench about this team.

Careful I posted this after week two and the op moved it to smack talk forum , bc I don’t know why
I get why it would be moved bc let’s be honest, we don’t want to be in here bagging on our massive problems, but how can we only talk positively, when there is very little or nothing positive going on?!?! I’m not going to sugar coat anything bc that would be dishonest. We have some issues that need to be fixed asap or we should just go right to draft talks. Which would still be an issue bc no one really sees eye to eye on that, but at least it would be better than what we are discussing currently

i'm not sure anyone is wearing rose colored glasses
i am sure that many fans have spray painted black over their glasses so they can see as little as possible
doom and gloom is the worst possible mind set to use to see the possibility of development - it prioritizes change for changes sake and there's just too many examples in the nfl in particular to employ this method
(notice i said nothing about doing nothing)

i'm not sure anyone is wearing rose colored glasses
i am sure that many fans have spray painted black over their glasses so they can see as little as possible
doom and gloom is the worst possible mind set to use to see the possibility of development - it prioritizes change for changes sake and there's just too many examples in the nfl in particular to employ this method
(notice i said nothing about doing nothing)
Correct…….and if we do nothing, then we will be nothing

I think 1…power struggle with Loomis is the most likely scenario, regarding what? Who knows, could have been multiple things….I really got that feeling when Loomis held that clown show of a press conference, he thinks he is as responsible for the Saints past successes as CSP, we see where it’s gotten us to this point…..whomever is making the decisions above Loomis (whether it’s Lauscha or Gayle) made a huge mistake if that is the case….

And I’m not saying I know, just a plausible theory IMO…..

I honestly think it was a Loomis Vs Payton ideology battle. I think Tom Benson had his back and once he passed away he lost the mediator between he and Loomis and he’s been thinking of leaving since. He waited until Brees retired and stayed one more season just to show face.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom