Take The Rose Colored Glasses Off........ (8 Viewers)

After the 2019 season Drew was planning to retire and that is when Sean and Tom Brady started communicating about the idea of Tom stepping in to QB our Super Bowl ready team (tampering).

When Drew found out shortly afterwards, he decided to return for one more year, even though his arm was technically shot. Loomis supported Drew’s return and rebuffed the Brady idea that Sean favored.

The Miami owner was already trying to get Brady to the Dolphins (tampering) and then began pushing for Brady and Payton to come to MIA and so much so that he would eventually force out his current HC (Flores). (All of this was tampering).

Once word of this got out, Sean was essentially forced to back out and stay with Drew for 2020. Loomis sided with Drew against Sean and Brady, essentially.

This led Brady to sign with Tampa so he could get payback on Drew, Loomis, and Sean (though Sean was blamed the least by Brady).

Sean essentially had to agree to stay in NO for 2021 as well, in part to avoid a real investigation into tampering and especially after Flores sued the NFL.

Once Jameis got hurt and the 2021 season ended without a playoff appearance, Sean was ready to go. He was over Loomis siding with Drew and preventing him from going to Miami. He sat one year to let the tampering issue totally die down and took the train to Denver.

Sean and Loomis might still be “friends,” but there was a power struggle between them that Loomis ultimately won and Saints fans ultimately lost.
Is this a real thing? The Janitor just bumped an old thread and commented on this.

Yeah those dudes are loyal to each other and I’m not mad at that. Sometimes it’s a good thing to have a true friendship in a league like the NFL. They accomplished the impossible together and gave us what we all wished to see in our lifetime. I guess that is a huge reason why I have yet to badmouth ML, but he does need to get his head out of his backside. Things need to change.

Yeah, Mickey counted on Sean for personnel decision and with out Sean, it has not gone well.

Is this a real thing? The Janitor just bumped an old thread and commented on this.

I'm sure some of that is true, but at the same point Sean had been toying with other jobs for years and probably would have taken the Dallas job had it been open at the right time.

The story I heard is that there was a desire by Brady to come and Drew was about to retire but when Drew changed his mind, Brady went to Tampa. I have heard nothing about Brady being mad at Drew and getting revenge or Loomis and Payton disagreeing about bringing Drew back. And I do know that Drew and Brady spent time on the field together after Drew's last game with all the Brees kids running around so it didn't look like Brady had any desire for revenge at that point.

And frankly, if that was what happened I support ML. Drew Brees deserved to retire when and where he wanted for all the things he did for this team and more importantly, for this city after Katrina.

And Payton was always going to move onto another job the only question was when he would do it.

I get why it would be moved bc let’s be honest, we don’t want to be in here bagging on our massive problems, but how can we only talk positively, when there is very little or nothing positive going on?!?! I’m not going to sugar coat anything bc that would be dishonest. We have some issues that need to be fixed asap or we should just go right to draft talks. Which would still be an issue bc no one really sees eye to eye on that, but at least it would be better than what we are discussing currently
With no shakeup in the FO or at the top of the coaching staff (see what I DIDN'T do there) talking draft also feels like a dead end.

I'm sure some of that is true, but at the same point Sean had been toying with other jobs for years and probably would have taken the Dallas job had it been open at the right time.

The story I heard is that there was a desire by Brady to come and Drew was about to retire but when Drew changed his mind, Brady went to Tampa. I have heard nothing about Brady being mad at Drew and getting revenge or Loomis and Payton disagreeing about bringing Drew back. And I do know that Drew and Brady spent time on the field together after Drew's last game with all the Brees kids running around so it didn't look like Brady had any desire for revenge at that point.

And frankly, if that was what happened I support ML. Drew Brees deserved to retire when and where he wanted for all the things he did for this team and more importantly, for this city after Katrina.

And Payton was always going to move onto another job the only question was when he would do it.
I agree about Brees doing it on his terms. What I am seeing here is Payton was planning his escape from the mountain of doom called "kicking the can" before Brees even retired? So he was intentionally going all in, and having Mickey get so deep in that he had no choice but to keep bailing the water out of the ship to remain afloat this whole time. All it does for me is make beating the Broncos this week even more important. If no other game we win all year.... it has to be this one. Going to be sick as hell if we can't pull this sheet off.

Last edited:
I still can't believe we gave up 591 yards,51 points and 7.9 yards a carry to the Bucs. That's not a defense you can lean on in any way shape or form. They would have to pitch back to back shutouts to get that stench off of them. Those are Baghead numbers 😞

The issue about all of this is the Saints absolutely KILLED the Bucs twice in the regular season in 2020 and if it wasn't for a bunch of guys getting dinged up in the final couple games, likely steamroll the Bucs a third time in the same season. The Tom Brady Buccaneer revenge arc loses a lot of steam when you see he went 0-4 in the regular season against Payton's Saints and was blessed with perfect injury timing for his opponents in 2020.

It's pretty real. It goes back to the 2017 draft and Drew being in that war room. Sean wanted Pat Maholmes and Mickey knew that. There's a reason your starting QB is in that room, it was to stop Payton from making too much noise and upsetting his friend and starting QB. Don't think for a second that Mickey isn't one to put Drew in that room on purpose.

I miss Drew brees

Totally, Towards the end people gave him so much s*** on here like he was past his prime, doesn't have the arm strength...blah blah blah. Win or Lose we were in nearly in every game we played when he was QB1. I can probably count on barely two hands the times we lost in a blow out or we had no hope at all winning the game when he was under center. He was a generational QB that made a historical mark on this organization.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom