Take The Rose Colored Glasses Off........ (7 Viewers)

I took off the rose-colored glasses and threw them in the trash can when the Saints lost McCoy and Ruiz, then started bringing in college intramural football players to replace them.

I jest, but not about throwing away the glasses :hihi:

I get why it would be moved bc let’s be honest, we don’t want to be in here bagging on our massive problems, but how can we only talk positively, when there is very little or nothing positive going on?!?! I’m not going to sugar coat anything bc that would be dishonest. We have some issues that need to be fixed asap or we should just go right to draft talks. Which would still be an issue bc no one really sees eye to eye on that, but at least it would be better than what we are discussing currently
I miss Drew brees

Who the heck is still wearing rose colored glasses?? Anyone can see this team is terrible and has no immediate future. Spencer Rattler may end up being a total dud, but for now he’s at least keeping me interested in this miserable excuse for a football team.

I honestly think it was a Loomis Vs Payton ideology battle. I think Tom Benson had his back and once he passed away he lost the mediator between he and Loomis and he’s been thinking of leaving since. He waited until Brees retired and stayed one more season just to show face.
I disagree bc ML is still using the same ideology that was here when he catered to SP. I think it was as simple as SP just wanted to coach another team.
Plus, if ML and SP had any kind of differences, little or great, then ML would’ve been at least a little perturbed that SP was going behind his back talking to other teams. ML protected him by not ousting him. I believe that they are supremely great friends and has each other’s backs until the end of time

Even the most ardent and overly optimistic Saints fan has to see that this is just a bad, bad football team. Yes, injuries are a big part of the game but guess what? All teams deal with injuries. The Chiefs were shorthanded against the Saints last Monday, made adjustments and embarrassed the Saints on national TV. There are no adjustments with the Saints. It’s just the same thing, year after year.

Dennis Allen might as well just wear a shirt that says, “We’ve got to get better” because that is his same speech since he has been a head coach. He is NOT a head coach. He may be a nice guy but he is not head coach material. No one wants to run through a brick wall for him. He is milk toast and holds no one accountable for anything. He has had losing records with the Raiders and now with the Saints.

And Mickey Loomis is to blame as well. He has made bad decision after bad decision yet he lives in some sort of golden room so as to not have any blame. I am beginning to see that Sean Payton was the one that pulled the strings when he was here and not Loomis. Yes, Loomis can be one hell of an accountant but an eye for talent? Eh.

I’ve seen some posts stating that the Saints will “get right” against the Broncos, don’t panic, “if we just” did this or that, long way to go, etc, etc. The Saints are the team other teams get right with. The panic button is firmly pushed after a 51 point, 500+ yard let down at home. And if’s and but’s were candy and nuts, well, you know the rest.

This is a bad football team with maybe four wins left in them. I don’t see an easy game nor a get right game left on their schedule. Dennis Allen HAS to go at the end of the year and this team needs a complete coaching and culture redo.
Um, the Chiefs have a better HC, defense and a healthy offensive line. Just stop. That being said, it's time for a change.

I disagree bc ML is still using the same ideology that was here when he catered to SP. I think it was as simple as SP just wanted to coach another team.
Plus, if ML and SP had any kind of differences, little or great, then ML would’ve been at least a little perturbed that SP was going behind his back talking to other teams. ML protected him by not ousting him. I believe that they are supremely great friends and has each other’s backs until the end of time
May have to do with that Miami/Tom Brady thing !

May have to do with that Miami/Tom Brady thing !
That’s what I referenced. Although ML was never mad about it. He stayed professional and said nothing but great things about SP. That does not sound like a man that was bitter by what happened. Let’s be honest, if a GM was blindsided or not on a friendly basis with a HC who did that, then there would’ve been some backlash. There was none of that. In fact, it feels like ML knew or gave him the green light to do it, so he could’ve angled his way to the team of his choice. As SP’s agent was the one facilitating the talks. Plus, ML has had his back through all of his shenanigans during his time here.

i'm not sure anyone is wearing rose colored glasses
i am sure that many fans have spray painted black over their glasses so they can see as little as possible
doom and gloom is the worst possible mind set to use to see the possibility of development - it prioritizes change for changes sake and there's just too many examples in the nfl in particular to employ this method
(notice i said nothing about doing nothing)
Is it because you're worried about the "crow eating" threads if they win this week? 😂

Its something. I stated in a thread Sean read the room, sensed what was coming and left.

Sean had a hand in creating what was coming. He bled the salary cap for all it was worth to try to get another championship while re-signing older players and trading away draft picks for the final pieces he needed. He left this team with no QB, no WRs, an old OL with no young players to take over, with an old defense. Oh, and he recommended DA for the HC job.

His final year looked a lot like this year. It just that he's a good enough coach to get that team to 9-8 even with all the injuries, lack of depth, no WRs, and no QB.

He knew it was going to be difficult and take time to find a QB, build the roster back, and get out of cap hell and he didn't want to deal with that. So he took his new wife, bounced, and took a year off. And then he took a job where he thought he already had a QB.

I don't blame him for leaving but it's not like his hands are clean for what he left behind and he should have know that DA was not up for the job.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom