Taysom Hill restructures contract (1 Viewer)

I don’t mind restructuring his contract because I think he’ll be around for a few more years. As much as I love Kamara, i believe this is his last year with the saints so I don’t want to see them restructure. Extend him at a lower rate? Sure but don’t push money down the line.

Any chance this is bc we are trading away someone and need to absorb some dead this season?

This feels like a signal
They seemed prepared to eat his salary cap hit
But now after working with Klint, he’s restructuring
That feels like a positive
(Unless they feel the need to sign a Juwan replacement)
That’s exactly my take too. It seems like they’ve learned something new. That TH is still an ascending player and will be a huge part this year and next year.

This move obviously means we plan to trade Carr back to the Raiders for two 1st round picks... Move TH7 back to QB1 where he belongs, and ascend Rattler to QB2 in preparation for him to be QB1 next year... thus re-opening our SB contention window.

Cool beans, hopefully they can use that money to bolster the offensive line…..

Hey SonofNola, since you seem to be on top of the saints news, are you familiar of a Jarvis Landry interview or article where he explains the differences between DA and Sean. I heard somone mention it, but I can’t find it.

I don’t mind restructuring his contract because I think he’ll be around for a few more years. As much as I love Kamara, i believe this is his last year with the saints so I don’t want to see them restructure. Extend him at a lower rate? Sure but don’t push money down the line.

You're not going to feel that way after Kamara has been in an offense that takes advantage of his skills. I feel like Kamara is going to have a resurgence in an offense that actually gives him the ball in space.

You're not going to feel that way after Kamara has been in an offense that takes advantage of his skills. I feel like Kamara is going to have a resurgence in an offense that actually gives him the ball in space.
You mean a higher average depth of target than the 0.1 yards last year? Surely you jest.

Hey SonofNola, since you seem to be on top of the saints news, are you familiar of a Jarvis Landry interview or article where he explains the differences between DA and Sean. I heard somone mention it, but I can’t find it.
I seen Jarvis Landry tweet about the issues he had with the Saints coaching staff for not involving him in the offensive gameplan. They led him to believe he was going to be a key player in the offense at signing but rightfully focused on developing Olave and Shaheed as the 2022 season went on. I don’t think there was an interview from him on it. I think the tweets were about 3 months ago. Looks like he deleted the tweets about the Saints but kept the tweets about his time in Cleveland from the same day. Landry wouldn't know the difference between DA and SP since he only played under Allen & Carmichael for 1 season in 2022 and never played for Payton. His issue was that the OC didn’t give him that many targets after the beginning of the season. Landry was a great WR for most of his career but doesn’t look like he has anything left considering he’s been a FA since 2023 offseason.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom