Taysom Hill restructures contract (2 Viewers)

We don't need Simmons. We were satisfied with the play of Dowden so we cut Maye. We have Abraham/Harris/Amadi/JT Gray for depth. If we are clearing cap space to sign someone I doubt it's a safety.

There was nothing wrong with the offensive style and play calling.......... maybe 5-10-15-20 years ago..

but now teams attack RBs differently out the backfield, suffocate before they can get any momentum. It was time for a change when your OC only choice is to run the same play 4 times in a row because the other team is giving you that spot every time.. but your team never capitalized on it because of efficiency and Oline blocking.

Now you got a modernized form of offense that creates more shifting and movement prior to the snap to move targets around.. and gives the QB better options.. Carr can make the throws.. he just aint a tactician like Brees, brady, rodgers, manning.. etc etc..

Carr will look far better in this offense (definitely not on the level of any of the prior mentioned), because a lot of the pressure will be off of the oline, and more pressure will be on opposing defenses to understand moving formations after repetitive plays of being blocked excessively as well.

Now.. do I think we couldve ran the offense still if we had someone like Kelce? we would demolish defenses.. but we cant find a Kelce and we hired one of the best TE coaches in the NFL last season with no production on that level.. so this is the path forward in a mordernized offense.

Wonder if we use the money to sign Bryan bulaga (spelling) or another offensive weapon.

We don't need Simmons. We were satisfied with the play of Dowden so we cut Maye. We have Abraham/Harris/Amadi/JT Gray for depth. If we are clearing cap space to sign someone I doubt it's a safety.

I'm not sure the we need a Safety, but Safety seems to be the one position left in free agency that would command the amount of money they cleared. The other options are that they are going to extend someone with a contract with giving them a bigger cap hit this year but a smaller one later or they need the cap space to trade a player.

All things considered, a signing at Safety, Simmons specifically, appears to make the most sense. I don't see why they would do an extension with a bigger cap hit this year if they need to restructure someone else to do it and I don't see any players that they would trade that would lead to big cap hits. Lattimore is the only one that comes to mind, but given recent comments by him and DA, I don't think that a trade of Lattimore is coming this year unless it's right before the trade deadline and no need to clear cap space now if that's what they were going to do.

I seen Jarvis Landry tweet about the issues he had with the Saints coaching staff for not involving him in the offensive gameplan. They led him to believe he was going to be a key player in the offense at signing but rightfully focused on developing Olave and Shaheed as the 2022 season went on. I don’t think there was an interview from him on it. I think the tweets were about 3 months ago. Looks like he deleted the tweets about the Saints but kept the tweets about his time in Cleveland from the same day. Landry wouldn't know the difference between DA and SP since he only played under Allen & Carmichael for 1 season in 2022 and never played for Payton. His issue was that the OC didn’t give him that many targets after the beginning of the season. Landry was a great WR for most of his career but doesn’t look like he has anything left considering he’s been a FA since 2023 offseason.

He signed for 1 year 3mil....and that was his last job. He got the touches he earned.

ok some guy made it seem like its was more to it than that. thanks for the explanation. And i agree JL was pretty much done especially after he got injured w/ the Saints

There was nothing wrong with the offensive style and play calling.......... maybe 5-10-15-20 years ago..

You mean there was nothing wrong with the play calling when we had one of the best and smartest players in the history of the game at QB. 😂

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom