Taysom Hill Trade speculation (1 Viewer)

Yeah, that why Taysom Hill isn’t signing his tender. He doesn’t want to hear Payton say “sorry, but you’ve been traded to the Browns.”

If we do trade up that high, it won’t involve Taysom IMO. Who would replace him as the offensive wild card? He’s our short yardage back too. I understand the long term future need to be addressed, but this may be Drew’s last year and we need to have the strongest team on the field each week. Taysom gives us that, and a rookie backup QB wouldn’t.

If we do trade up that high, it won’t involve Taysom IMO. Who would replace him as the offensive wild card? He’s our short yardage back too. I understand the long term future need to be addressed, but this may be Drew’s last year and we need to have the strongest team on the field each week. Taysom gives us that, and a rookie backup QB wouldn’t.
We invented that role specifically for Taysom. Would've gotten Tebow to do it first but a higher power told him he was a QB that plays baseball poorly, so whatever.

My point is, this offense existed and was powerful before him. It would do so without him.

As for the prospect of trading Taysom Hill to move up that high? Man, into the top 5?! Who would we be doing that for? Isaiah Simmons? Justin Herbert? Tua?

I can't imagine a soon-to-be 30 year old gadget player, who is still an unproven QB at the pro level, has that kind of market value. For instance, the Miami trade scenario, using one of the trade value charts for reference, assigns Taysom a late first round value to complete that trade. I'm thinking nah.

I can't imagine a soon-to-be 30 year old gadget player, who is still an unproven QB at the pro level, has that kind of market value. For instance, the Miami trade scenario, using one of the trade value charts for reference, assigns Taysom a late first round value to complete that trade. I'm thinking nah.

Yep. Seems like any of those teams would be far better off gambling on one of the top QBs in the draft than gambling on a 30 year old player that has never started at QB in the NFL and probably thrown 13 passes in a real NFL game. Maybe Hill has shown a lot to the Saints in practice. But there is nothing on film that would suggest to other teams that he is a better option than any of the top 3 or 4 QBs available in the draft this year. I mean, if he was, surely someone with a mid to late 1st round pick would have taken a run at him in restricted free agency.

I get a lot of Who Dat Dish notifications in my news feed and it's always some sensationalist trade idea that is not realistic and never comes to fruition. This isn't real.

Yep. Seems like any of those teams would be far better off gambling on one of the top QBs in the draft than gambling on a 30 year old player that has never started at QB in the NFL and probably thrown 13 passes in a real NFL game. Maybe Hill has shown a lot to the Saints in practice. But there is nothing on film that would suggest to other teams that he is a better option than any of the top 3 or 4 QBs available in the draft this year. I mean, if he was, surely someone with a mid to late 1st round pick would have taken a run at him in restricted free agency.

Quick math using the source I linked would put Hill's value at 810. That's essentially pick 21. Is there anybody here who would feel good about a straight up trade of our pick 24 for Hill, were he on another team's roster, everything else known about him being the same? This board would understandably melt down.

A 3rd and Taysom Hill to move up from 24 to 5 would be an incredible deal for us. It’s not going to happen. Nothing close to that would happen.

I'm thinking this is all speculation and click bait but if you could package #24 with Taysom and a mid round pick to move up into the top 10, you do it all day every day. Could possibly get Simmons, Tua, Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs.... Would be crazy not to do it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom