TEDDY 2020 (1 Viewer)

I thought he threw 2 picks and Brees threw 4 in the regular season?

You're right. I didn't remember the INT against the Buccaneers. I can't find a video of the INT anywhere. He also threw 4 TDs in the game and the game ended up being a laugher, so I don't think that the NFL films people felt it was worth highlighting. So I can't speak to the circumstances of the INT, but I can say that the INT against the Cowboys wasn't his fault at all. He was able to escape pressure, roll-out, and throw a dart to Ted Ginn who had the ball bounce right off his hands for the pick. It was 100% on Ginn. Honestly, I don't think that Brees would have even been able to make the play. He would have been sacked or thrown the ball away if he was somehow able to evade the pressure.

You're right. I didn't remember the INT against the Buccaneers. I can't find a video of the INT anywhere. He also threw 4 TDs in the game and the game ended up being a laugher, so I don't think that the NFL films people felt it was worth highlighting. So I can't speak to the circumstances of the INT, but I can say that the INT against the Cowboys wasn't his fault at all. He was able to escape pressure, roll-out, and throw a dart to Ted Ginn who had the ball bounce right off his hands for the pick. It was 100% on Ginn. Honestly, I don't think that Brees would have even been able to make the play. He would have been sacked or thrown the ball away if he was somehow able to evade the pressure.
I wasn't implying anything about the pick itself, was just making sure I haven't lost my mind. I think Teddy is a good quarterback And will continue to be one whether it's here or somewhere else.

That was his first 4 TD game. Prior to that he was averaging 1 TD per game.

You say Teddy has not shown you enough after starting 5 games but you prefer Taysom who has never started a game or been under center an entire game. That's very interesting.
Yes it may be interesting but Taysom has that it factor. He brings people around him up. And let’s remember that Teddy did not win five games. He protected the ball for five games but really only played two really good games in which the defense won the others.
when we watch so many QBs sign these contracts with new teams just what percentage of them actually work out great? Let’s only talk free agent QB’s now and not traded QB’s. Teddy will fall into this group. I think he will be an ok QB but not a great one. I think Taysom will be a better QB but not a great one. If I was to risk my next 4-5 years worth of season tickets watching a new QB then I would prefer watching Taysom over Teddy. That’s just my opinion from what I have seen so far. Taysom offers more versatility in the Position the Teddy in my opinion.

Is Deonte Harris, Will Lutz, or Thomas Morstead retiring this offseason? Because they'll all be back and I don't see a reason why they also still won't be good.

You don't win many games scoring 12-13 points. Teddy had the Saints in the 30's three games in the teens for two games. And let's be honest, Brees may not have done any better against the Cowboys...he looked bad last year. The Jags game was a weird one. Kamara got hurt and the Saints went ultra-conservative because they knew that the Jags weren't going to score. Brees ended up putting up 9 points against the Falcons in the Super Dome. So, I don't think that you can say with any level of confidence that the result would have been any different with either Brees or Hill in there at QB.

No argument about Drew. He can struggle on occasion. However any honest evaluation of Teddy's performance either in these 5 3/4 games or over his career does not paint a great picture.

His passing is pedestrian. Middle of the pack and I think I have adequately shown that he is not a deep pass threat.

He was always in a run heavy offensive structure yet he was not and certainly is not now a mobile QB.

If you don't have the ability to open up the field with deep throws and can't run yourself ... well that's make your running game an uphill battle.

No argument about Drew. He can struggle on occasion. However any honest evaluation of Teddy's performance either in these 5 3/4 games or over his career does not paint a great picture.

His passing is pedestrian. Middle of the pack

Out of 42 quarterbacks with 100 or more passing attempts in 2019, he is:

- 8th in QB rating
- 6th in completion percentage
- 13th in touchdown rate
- 2nd (lowest) in interception rate
- 14th in yards per attempt

So no, by literally any possible metric, his passing is neither pedestrian nor middle of the pack. You are stating your (very incorrect) opinion as fact. You are wrong by every definition of the word.

and I think I have adequately shown that he is not a deep pass threat.

You absolutely have not. You are literally just saying things, trying to pass off your feelings for actual facts. Your inability to think clearly and without emotion when it comes to Teddy is staggering and embarrassing for you.

Yes it may be interesting but Taysom has that it factor. He brings people around him up. And let’s remember that Teddy did not win five games. He protected the ball for five games but really only played two really good games in which the defense won the others.
when we watch so many QBs sign these contracts with new teams just what percentage of them actually work out great? Let’s only talk free agent QB’s now and not traded QB’s. Teddy will fall into this group. I think he will be an ok QB but not a great one. I think Taysom will be a better QB but not a great one. If I was to risk my next 4-5 years worth of season tickets watching a new QB then I would prefer watching Taysom over Teddy. That’s just my opinion from what I have seen so far. Taysom offers more versatility in the Position the Teddy in my opinion.
You say Teddy didn't win games, he only protected the ball. Hmmm... too bad Drew couldn't protect the ball like Teddy. If he did, maybe we would still be playing for the title this week. You say you like Taysom' versatility. Let me let you in on a little secret. NO starting QB will be playing multiple positions for ANY teams, so you will not being seeing the same Taysom if he were to become the starter.

:giggle:
Out of 42 quarterbacks with 100 or more passing attempts in 2019, he is:

- 8th in QB rating
- 6th in completion percentage
- 13th in touchdown rate
- 2nd (lowest) in interception rate
- 14th in yards per attempt

So no, by literally any possible metric, his passing is neither pedestrian nor middle of the pack. You are stating your (very incorrect) opinion as fact. You are wrong by every definition of the word.

You absolutely have not. You are literally just saying things, trying to pass off your feelings for actual facts. Your inability to think clearly and without emotion when it comes to Teddy is staggering and embarrassing for you.
Must you be so cruel? lol You destroyed his lies with facts, line by line. :ROFLMAO: :giggle:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom