Texas vs Georgia reverse pass interference call ....(2019 NFC Championship) (3 Viewers)

Doesn't matter how bad the initial call was. That comment is worse then DA apologizing to the Falcons
Nothing is worse than apologizing for scoring a TD against your hated rival. Especially when all of your players agreed to it and stood behind the players who did it. He didn’t show unity. All he did was show that “He’s not like us”. You can quote all day long, but if it doesn’t apply, then it has no meaning

As big and powerful the SEC is, they have the worst officiating in CFB...
Idk, a lot of times officials are from another conference iirc. Did they change that?

Edit: maybe that's only for when schools from different conferences play.

I have always been disappointed by the fans who were there for the NOLA no-call and did not riot.

I like to think that if I had been there, I would have led the charge.

I have always been disappointed by the fans who were there for the NOLA no-call and did not riot.

And that would have changed what?

And ultimately, it's still just a football game. Some people are way too emotionally invested in the outcome of a football game.

I was thinking the same thing. Y'all are telling me that if we pulled a Bottlegate 2.0, we'd go to the Super Bowl?!?!
Goddell would have called the refs and had the penalize us for each bottle, and blame Payton for not knowing that it would happen l

It's my contention that Sean Payton should have pulled the entire team off off the field directly after the No Call, and he should have said, our Legacy is on the line and it won't be tainted by such an egregious error. I would have made the Commissioner come out and address it.

Now, we'd have been screwed by the officials from that point on but how is that ANY different than now?

It's my contention that Sean Payton should have pulled the entire team off off the field directly after the No Call, and he should have said, our Legacy is on the line and it won't be tainted by such an egregious error. I would have made the Commissioner come out and address it.

Now, we'd have been screwed by the officials from that point on but how is that ANY different than now?
Remember when the refs tried to stick it to us by the same rule against the Panthers the season after that? Insane.

The moral of the story is whenever you don’t take your foot off their neck and put a team away bad officiating can’t cost you a game.

To be fair, the initial call was terrible.
The initial call was terrible - but it was called and announced - then the fans threw stuff, so the refs stopped to address that and then also decided to reverse a call that had already been announced. It was a terrible precedent and as Kirby alluded - you are going to see more throwing things by fans in response to bad calls because “hey…it worked before”.

The more I think about it, the more i realize it was the Nola no call that finished off this franchise.
Between that and Bountygate, I believe Michael Silver (when he was on Pardon My Take) that the NFL went after the Saints (about Bountygate) and didn’t give a flip about the “NOLA No Call”, because our ownership doesn’t give a flip, and wouldn’t fight any of it.

Officials change their mind on calls all the time, plenty times you see a flag thrown and then they wave it off and/or discuss and announce "there is no penalty for ____". And it doesn't take bottles thrown to have them do it. My point is, they didn't do it because the bottles were thrown, they did it because that is what happens sometimes.

Well i was there, and i was 2 rows in the end zone. I think we were just basically stunned. Plus, the game wasnt over, and we still thought we had it in the bag, until the Rams kicked the 55 yarder or whatever to force overtime. A riot? Come on bro. You say that, but you werent there......

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom