Texas vs Georgia reverse pass interference call ....(2019 NFC Championship) (5 Viewers)

I have always been disappointed by the fans who were there for the NOLA no-call and did not riot.

I like to think that if I had been there, I would have led the charge.
So we did throw stuff quite a bit of stuff was thrown on the field it's simply that the NFL crew was like whatever lets keep the game rolling along.

The dome asked people to stop throwing stuff which they didn't and the game went on.

It's my contention that Sean Payton should have pulled the entire team off off the field directly after the No Call, and he should have said, our Legacy is on the line and it won't be tainted by such an egregious error. I would have made the Commissioner come out and address it.

Now, we'd have been screwed by the officials from that point on but how is that ANY different than now?
If Payton had done that, the game would have ended in a forfeit in the Rams favor. The Saints would have been guilty of "failure to field a team". Unlike the MLB the NFL does not have a rule allowing for protests.

If Payton had done that, the game would have ended in a forfeit in the Rams favor. The Saints would have been guilty of "failure to field a team". Unlike the MLB the NFL does not have a rule allowing for protests.
So be it. Just like the Olympic meals that were NEVER picked up. Some things are with standing for.

Officials change their mind on calls all the time, plenty times you see a flag thrown and then they wave it off and/or discuss and announce "there is no penalty for ____". And it doesn't take bottles thrown to have them do it. My point is, they didn't do it because the bottles were thrown, they did it because that is what happens sometimes.
The bottles delayed the game long enough for the Texas scoreboard operator to show the play 17 times which embarrassed the official into changing his call. No bottles, no delay, no reversal.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom