The Bear (2 Viewers)

I guess I am biased, because after having worked in kitchens for so long, and getting completely burnt out on the entire scene, the whole workaholic
- perfectionistic-chef thing grinds my gears. It brings back flashbacks and I do get a lil uncomfortable when watching it.

Probably sounds weird, idk..

Agreed. It's kinda ridiculous. I've worked in kitchens all of my life, no way a sandwich shop is ever run like that. It's not realistic at all, imo...and the characters are all kind of annoying to me.

Matty Matheson is super annoying.
i think anyone that has worked in the service industry can relate to at least part of it. you should give it anothet go if you get a chance, but that said, i can see how it isn't for everyone.

i think anyone that has worked in the service industry can relate to at least part of it. you should give it anothet go if you get a chance, but that said, i can see how it isn't for everyone.
Yeah, no, your'e right. I think I relate to it so well that, like i said, I feel uncomfortable when watching it. Like, my anxiety ramps up when it's on lol

That Career robbed me of a lot. 😪

Yeah, no, your'e right. I think I relate to it so well that, like i said, I feel uncomfortable when watching it. Like, my anxiety ramps up when it's on lol

yep. this is why i tip ridiculously too much.

And for the sheetty pay lol...man, we were all crazy to do it for a living, but for some people, it works out and they thrive in that stress-filled, fast-paced environment. It takes a special kind of person, man..

I can relate, but in an inverse way. Whenever I watch a medical show, I laugh at how far from reality it is after my experience as a medical clinician. All that hooking up in Grey's Anatomy? Non-stop disasters? Lol. Honestly, the one I related the most with was Scrubs b/c of the hilarity that would happen at work w/ some of the absurd stuff that happened/patient shenanigans. While I don't work in a clinical setting anymore, I do miss the funny stuff that we'd deal with...

And lol I got the urge to slap him when he's making his cooks address him as "chef" all the time. "Yes, Chef." I never once said that to my boss/chef. Guess I never worked in any "real" kitchens lol. He would get laughed out of the room coming in a sandwich shop acting like that, man..

But most all other aspects are very realistic in the show

lol, that's not why.

No one should take my opinion on TV shows, but I'm a fan of this one.
I bet you'd love it even more if they used spray cheese from a can, lol...

Oh, I haven't made it that far. 6 episodes into the 1st season lol. Maybe I should reserve judgement for the time being.

It's very much so a slow burn kind of show and takes awhile to hit its stride. But, when it does, it's very good. Amazing character development as they change over time. It's really a story about dealing with grief.

Last edited:
I guess I am biased, because after having worked in kitchens for so long, and getting completely burnt out on the entire scene, the whole workaholic
- perfectionistic-chef thing grinds my gears. It brings back flashbacks and I do get a lil uncomfortable when watching it.

Probably sounds weird, idk..

I can see how working in the industry could make it feel different. I feel the same about lawyer shows. Anyway, honestly, I think the whole show is really difficult to watch, but it's because the acting is so good and the character are so well written that they seem like real people.

I only waited tables for like 6 months, but that show ramps up my anxiety. It's not pleasant to watch but it is so well done.

I only waited tables for like 6 months, but that show ramps up my anxiety. It's not pleasant to watch but it is so well done.
I also waited tables before going to med school, it def was stressful as hell...

Episode 1 of this season was just so damn good...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom