The biggest player our season hinges on (1 Viewer)

I'm going to say this just to be the first. A fresh Micah Parsons will be lined up Penning week 2 (let that set in).....................ok.....the opportunity to break the NFL record for sacks in a game will be there for the taking that day. There I said it.

I believe it was an interview with Eric McCoy on nof where he said that coming to a new team was very hard because you don’t know anybody and you have to learn a new environment and the new personnel and the new scheme, and other challenges as well. It takes time to learn tendencies of new players too. You could see that in all the early communication deficiencies between Carr and his receivers. Later in the season those began to go away. He became top 5 in the league at the qb position at that point. Also early in the season the o-line was getting him killed. He then battled injuries. Yes, Carr must play better, but I am more worried about Penning than him
And now he is entering a new system. Another built in excuse to hold the football way too long and not read defenses. I’m happy at this point I’m happy that we’re at least appropriate the time in which we can even start over if needed.

And now he is entering a new system. Another built in excuse to hold the football way too long and not read defenses. I’m happy at this point I’m happy that we’re at least appropriate the time in which we can even start over if needed.
This offense is designed to stop this. Carr has been saying that Kubiak is constantly on him about this very thing. I’m not saying that he will all of a sudden become the best qb in the league, but I’m not as concerned about him as much as penning

Ok, I’ll be different. Chase Young will be the most important player, because if our defense gets a lot of sacks it will change games. A few timely sacks last year would have given us at least 2 more wins, but we couldn’t get home.

Carr is the answer to your question...
If anyone else is suggested then they think Carr has reached the potential we are looking for... or they don't think the QB play is vital to a successful season...

I'm going to say this just to be the first. A fresh Micah Parsons will be lined up Penning week 2 (let that set in).....................ok.....the opportunity to break the NFL record for sacks in a game will be there for the taking that day. There I said it.
They won't allow it, one of the things not talked about that the outside zone helps with, is how much pressure it puts on the dline to play run first, pass rush 2nd. The days of pass-rushers just Penning (pun intended) their ears back and attacking because they know were going to pass first are done. The run action + dedication to winning early downs so you're not in 3rd and big play needed will help.

Penning will have to block and win some, but he won't be on an island and the scheme will keep him from being easily exposed.

They won't allow it, one of the things not talked about that the outside zone helps with, is how much pressure it puts on the dline to play run first, pass rush 2nd. The days of pass-rushers just Penning (pun intended) their ears back and attacking because they know were going to pass first are done. The run action + dedication to winning early downs so you're not in 3rd and big play needed will help.

Penning will have to block and win some, but he won't be on an island and the scheme will keep him from being easily exposed.
Great point and noted. But like someone said before eventually you have 3rd and long and then what???

The Saints are already on the sidewound side of a record that has stood for almost 40 years now (Flipper 336). Are you posting this because you’re quietly cheering for this outcome?

Reason I ask is because I would bet there’s not a single Cowboys fan who has posted or even passively thinks our week 2 game is one to look forward to for this reason. Why do this for them?

Whoever put those rankings together was an idiot. I actually watched Carr last year…he was much closer to 30 than 5. Even when Penning wasn’t sucking, Carr was holding the ball WAY too long. It’s like he had zero pocket presence. He had a few good moments but boy that was far and in between.

That's a bit exaggerated. Sure! Carr was inconsistent, slow with reads, locked on to his primary too much, and at times terrible early on, but so was the OL, and the game plans were at times inexplicably unimaginative. Carr was neither in the top five nor the bottom five, IMO, but somewhere in the middle of the pack.

Too me, and I thought this coming in, Carr is a bridge QB, capable of being better than average. Perhaps with Kubiak he might show us that he can be a lot better.

Anyway, I just thought that calling his play closer to 30th was overly dramatic and felt intended to stir the pot.

Without benefit of even a pre-season game, I'll say Carr. If he doesn't play like a top 10 QB, it will be a long season. Any other single player can play poorly and they won't drag the entire team down because they'll sit. Carr won't sit unless he's really stinking it up, and that's not going to happen.

I really don't think it's an individual player, but an entire unit.....

The offensive line.....many unknowns and young players that have to step up....we really don't know what we have with that unit yet.....

It’s Carr everyday, all day, in every single way shape & form. The Kubiak/Shanny/Mcvay O has always been OL friendly. It’s about establishing a strong running attack, but in terms of the passing game, it’s based on the QB making quick decisions & getting the ball out just as fast. Getting the into our playmakers hands ASAP will make our OL look worlds better & mask a ton of their weaknesses. I mean, the proof is out there, Drew did it for more than a decade. I get the fact that Carr isnt Drew, but the formulas the same.

Carr has flashes of brilliance, but also has a self destruct mechanism built into his game. He’s very, VERY, similar to Cousin. Only real difference is Carr doesnt have the wins Cousins has. Said it from the moment we signed him, & ill say it again, the team will go as far as Carr can take us.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom