N/S The Bucs After Brady (1 Viewer)

Saint Jack

Super Forum Fanatic
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I ask this because the Bucs are really the first team in my lifetime where a “dream team” was assembled and won it all during the first year.
Does this make Tampa a long term destination now? I ask this because championships do change perception of a franchise. The Yuks brand was erased after the 02 season. Does a second help attract people their long term.
Does Arians stay with Tampa after Brady? Will he get the standard few seasons safe after a championship or will he end up like Peterson or Kubiak.
And I know I asked this question in another thread, but what does it do to the Saints/Bucs rivalry? I know it’s Atlanta, but these two teams are the only ones with championships. Does this rivalry intensity now that Brady is tied to Tampa forevermore and the Saints being one of the teams Tampa best to get there.

I don't consider Tampa as a dream team. Most of their talent was there before Brady and Gronk. Fournette was good for them in the playoffs but Jones was by far their best back most of the year. They have some big decisions to make but they have the talent to be good for quite awhile.

Hall of Famer, 7x Super Bowl winner, 10x Super Bowl appearances. Career TD leader
Qb- Tom Brady

Rb- leonard fornette

Wr- Antonio brown

te- rob gronkowski

thats a dream team if i ever heard if it.

I ask this because the Bucs are really the first team in my lifetime where a “dream team” was assembled and won it all during the first year.
Does this make Tampa a long term destination now? I ask this because championships do change perception of a franchise. The Yuks brand was erased after the 02 season. Does a second help attract people their long term.
Does Arians stay with Tampa after Brady? Will he get the standard few seasons safe after a championship or will he end up like Peterson or Kubiak.
And I know I asked this question in another thread, but what does it do to the Saints/Bucs rivalry? I know it’s Atlanta, but these two teams are the only ones with championships. Does this rivalry intensity now that Brady is tied to Tampa forevermore and the Saints being one of the teams Tampa best to get there.
Arians will most likely retire when Brady is done

Hall of Famer, 7x Super Bowl winner, 10x Super Bowl appearances. Career TD leader
Qb- Tom Brady

Rb- leonard fornette

Wr- Antonio brown

te- rob gronkowski

thats a dream team if i ever heard if it.

I'll give you Brady but Fournette? An overdrafted running back that averaged less than 4 yards per carry and was not even the best rb on the Bucs roster. RoJo was by far the more explosive and better back. Both of them dropped several balls and Fournette had over 10 drops.

AB who was out of the league last year and Gronk is past his prime. AB looked good at times but the Bucs seemed like a better team when Scotty Miller was in the game vs AB. Sure if you go off of name recognition then I'll give you dream team I guess but it is far from a dream team production wise.

I'll give you Brady but Fournette? An overdrafted running back that averaged less than 4 yards per carry and was not even the best rb on the Bucs roster. RoJo was by far the more explosive and better back. Both of them dropped several balls and Fournette had over 10 drops.

AB who was out of the league last year and Gronk is past his prime. AB looked good at times but the Bucs seemed like a better team when Scotty Miller was in the game vs AB. Sure if you go off of name recognition then I'll give you dream team I guess but it is far from a dream team production wise.

AKA- dream team

Yeah, I've heard the term “dream team” dropped on several occasions but... I think they are a very good football team who put it together at the end of the season when it counted.

In a few years they’ll just be the same ol’ Bucs again

Bruce Arians said in the post game interview that he is back for one more year.
I do believe that Tom Brady's contract expires after next year.
Arians is no dummy.
Arian's first year as coach of the Bucs they ended the season in last place in the NFC South. Then he gets Brady and the rest is history.
Funny, Brady wanted to sign with the SAINTS, but Drew Brees resigned. The rest is history.

I don't consider Tampa as a dream team. Most of their talent was there before Brady and Gronk. Fournette was good for them in the playoffs but Jones was by far their best back most of the year. They have some big decisions to make but they have the talent to be good for quite awhile.

The Bucs caught every lucky break in the playoffs.
They were a Lucky team (or perhaps a fix).

Bucs were fortunate that overstocking on skill positions last year allowed them to plug holes when injuries kicked in. But now there's a glut of FAs and 40 mil in cap space. It's not enough to go around. I think we keep Lavonte David, Chris Godwin, Gronk and move heaven and hell for Shaq B, but AB, Suh and Fournette could walk. The Bucs have some interesting leverage here, some of them are going to get (a) lowballed, and (b) upset. I'd like to see us keep and further develop Miller as our burner.

The Arians/Brady era lasts another 2 years max. That's our window, quite likely. There's a lot of hype and nonsense in the wake of an SB win, but we didn't win the division this year and aren't a lock by any means next year. One awkward sack of Brady is all it would take.

TBH, as a Bucs fan, the only rivalry I'd acknowledge was with GB during the NFC Central era. Partly because that's the last time we were any good (and only on defense), and because their fans were insufferable back then, and because Sapp and Favre would go at it. I don't see the Saints as rivals because we've not been remotely in their league for the last decade. This year was a shock, never saw it coming, and in hindsight was a fortunate run in many respects. Next year will be interesting.

The one time "TJ Who's your mama.... championship" actually worked out

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom