N/S The Bucs After Brady (1 Viewer)

My reasoning for a fix is that what a great storyline it makes for selling the audience to watch
the Super Bowl (which according to the audience numbers reporting were far down},
storyline makes a great sell for, "the next great quarterback in the NFL versus the current G.O.A.T".
And no amount of selling the NFL, and CBS could muster helped the audience numbers. They were woeful.
Just awful, as it has been all year.

Goodell better think of something quick to get viewer numbers up because the NFL will need it to convince the networks to
bid up billions of dollars. The only way the owners have survived this year is because of their revenue sharing from
the billions made from the network dollars guarantees. The owners have gone bankrupt by the loss of
their billions $$$ otherwise.
The broadcast networks will keep the NFL. A few months ago I posted an article, I’ll try and find it, that said they’re preparing to pay MORE to keep the League.

You know Brady isn’t retiring, right?

They’ll basically have the exact same team next season, plus probably JJ Watt.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they win the Super Bowl again.

I would simply for a few reasons:

1. We've been saying it for a few years now but quarterbacks eventually hit that 'wall.' And when they do it seems to happen overnight. I was as surprised at anyone that Brady not only made it through the season but was fairly efficient. I don't think that happens again.

2. Bucs had the luck that teams need during a Superbowl run. As we saw in 2010, it doesn't happen twice in a row.

3. Speaking of twice in a row, it is really hard to repeat in this league. The Chiefs did it because they have a phenomenally-talented QB, but with a target now on their backs I don't see the Bucs making it all the way again.

Actually, right now Defensive Coordinators are figuring out the 5-2 middle blitz scheme (or 46 zone blitz, maybe) works well against max protect. They have till week 4 of next season

The broadcast networks will keep the NFL. A few months ago I posted an article, I’ll try and find it, that said they’re preparing to pay MORE to keep the League.

Networks can say they will keep the NFL. That is to stay in good standing to the NFL, but it is the advertisers who will dictate what the value of a commercial costs, and what that means to their advertising clients who actually pay the bill. The advertisers will say they are willing to pay only X-amount per thousand sets of eyes. That's it, other than that it's just not financially beneficial. To keep the Image (getting worse by the season with Goodell in charge) proper Goodell will have to slash a discount or somebody is going to die because of that deal.

So, who is willing to fall on the NFL sword so "they" can save face for a tarnished (ing) image. Who ? The Networks (who can survive with other programming, proven and can and will follow the dollar) ? The Advertiser (who calls the shots and has been carrying the big bill for too long) ? Or will it be the fatcat spoiled NFL ?

Where were the big advertisers Coke, Budweiser, etc. this Super Bowl ? Gone.
Why ?
Per thousand sets of eyeballs, that's why.
They skipped to send that message to Goodell for whenever( I don't know when) the contract ends.

Negotiations have already begun. LOL

Networks can say they will keep the NFL. That is to stay in good standing to the NFL, but it is the advertisers who will dictate what the value of a commercial costs, and what that means to their advertising clients who actually pay the bill. The advertisers will say they are willing to pay only X-amount per thousand sets of eyes. That's it, other than that it's just not financially beneficial. To keep the Image (getting worse by the season with Goodell in charge) proper Goodell will have to slash a discount or somebody is going to die because of that deal.

So, who is willing to fall on the NFL sword so "they" can save face for a tarnished (ing) image. Who ? The Networks (who can survive with other programming, proven and can and will follow the dollar) ? The Advertiser (who calls the shots and has been carrying the big bill for too long) ? Or will it be the fatcat spoiled NFL ?

Where were the big advertisers Coke, Budweiser, etc. this Super Bowl ? Gone.
Why ?
Per thousand sets of eyeballs, that's why.
They skipped to send that message to Goodell for whenever( I don't know when) the contract ends.

Negotiations have already begun. LOL
Every advertiser said it was because of COVID.
No advertiser is gonna stay off a program that get around 15-17 million on SNF and MNF and usually 20 million during Sunday afternoon and a championship game that gets 100 million viewers.

Without reading the thread, let me just say that I would trade every year of "success" we've had since 09 for the Chip this season.

Even they don't win for another 20 years, they'll still have this season, they are still first team EVER in the modern SB era to win the chip at home.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom