the Center for Copyright Information... (1 Viewer)

Honestly, it's distance not population. 5-10 years ago you could make claims about Nordic countries or South Korea being only because they were small.

Really our providers have not significantly invested in infrastructure (beyond routers and stuff, I'm talking cable/fiber to the door) much in the last 25 years. You pretty much have the same cable going into many houses that was going in there in the early 90s.

Why not? Because we're not up in arms, we pay, and new fiber or whatever costs money. They're doing what they kind of should and soaking profits, until we get mad enough to not buy or someone like Google comes along and shoves them with competition.

Agreements with regional governments prevent investments in infrustrature by competition.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Yeah, that, and until pushed they pretty much have a captive market and aren't losing subscribers. I heard that TWC and others made pathetic last minute attempts to cut rates and barely boost output when they realized, uh oh, Google was serious here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom