the constant bottom of the roster shuffling is infuriating (1 Viewer)

You know we didn't give up anything cause he didn't make the roster. The Barnes deal is only weird to me cause we worked him out today after cutting him over the weekend....that doesn't make sense.

EXACTLY

you can say these roster spots don't really matter but some of the stuff we do is nonsensical. Cut Tapp, Sign Tapp. Why are we working out WRs? If we're gonna cut Forbath, why sign Lutz and not Parkey?

Ok, I'm going to soapbox here a bit.

Who the heck cares about guys like Forbath (who isn't exactly a world beater kicker), or the 5th CB on the team? If you're guy # 50-53 on this roster, you're day can come at any moment. There are no all stars there. Stop being so darn wound up over minor transactions.

The only thing I can figure that has everyone freaking out is that we all are hoping/thinking that every cut means we found some guard out of the ashes that will save our season! Or there is an amazing trade where we got an All Pro for a super low cap hit and a conditional 7th round pick!

Pretty much, we have who we have. Time to accept it and realize the bottom few positions will change every single week. And honestly, they really don't matter much.

you don't think the kicker matters? or that the 5th CB matters in today's NFL. I understand what you're saying but the problem is that these guys are actually going to be playing important roles for us. and yeah Forbath sucks, but the problem is that you kept him over Barth in the first place and how you just cut him anyway. You just wasted 4 weeks.

Well I agree Barth should've been kept over Forbath but the Ravens can really scout talent and they liked this Lutz kid. Let us see what he has before crucifying him and saying he is worse. I don't care what his college or preseason stats are can he kick in a NFL game? That has yet to be determined so how can you say that he is worse than Forbath? At least let the kid play a couple of games so we can get an idea of what he has got. Could be he shows out and we don't have to worry about a kicker for 8+ years. I agree the G position should've been better addressed and there could be moves to come involving that. I don't really care about vet presence thats what they said Browner was going to be but if you can't play you can't play. If younger guys are better than older players or have more potential let the young cats become leaders. Look at what Cooks has done at the WR position now that we dont have a vet there, he has become a young leader. Crawley's potential is way higher than Finnegan and its been years since Finnegan was even decent. Carolina's front seven made him look adequate why don't you think they tried to resign him with their CB situation if he was so good.....Moore is an upgrade. I don't know how you can fault a team or trying to make itself better no matter how late in the year it is. If you get a chance to upgrade your roster even a little bit you take it. Thats my two cents
Wouldn't you think, even if the kid has great potential, that it is highly questionable to throw him into the fire opening week kicking for a team that looks fragile and needs every edge?

You could get this kid into a damaging situation for his confidence and sour fans on him. Reckless.

And even if he has potential, what about kicker management and coaching has this organizations shown that suggests they can pull this off with a rookie who was in someone else's camp and HAS NEVER KICKED IN A REAL NFL GAME?

Wouldn't you think, even if the kid has great potential, that it is highly questionable to throw him into the fire opening week kicking for a team that looks fragile and needs every edge?

You could get this kid into a damaging situation for his confidence and sour fans on him. Reckless.

And even if he has potential, what about kicker management and coaching has this organizations shown that suggests they can pull this off with a rookie who was in someone else's camp?

if he blows it sunday, they're just gonna re-sign Forbath anyway.

why even sign a rookie kicker with Parkey sitting out there?

it seems like they're praying he doesn't lose us a game and then they'll re-sign Forbath. and what if they don't re-sign Forbath? why did you keep him over Barth when Barth was preseason perfect and Forbath missed kicks?

it's non-sensical.

1) I don't know if Lutz is worse than Forbath but now really isn't the time to find out.

2) Moore might be better than Finnegan but he might not even be active Sunday.

1) Might as well find out since Forbath hasn't been that reliable in the first place. There is a reason why a lot of us wanted to go with Barth....now that the ship has sailed there Lutz is plan B. Either he is NFL ready or he is not. Best way to find out is see if he can make clutch kicks. How will we know unless he attempts it?

2) Doesn't really matter would rather KV and Bell play the slot and them run a lot of 3 safety sets than have Moore or Finnegan on the field at all. Like Harris better than both actually. His potential is higher than both Moore and Finnegan. I see KV and Bell as our S/CB's, they can both be used at CB and they can trot Harper out there in a box SS role. (Harris in the dime) They have options better than Moore and Finnegan. But I like Moore over Finnegan if one has to play.

Ok, I'm going to soapbox here a bit.

Who the heck cares about guys like Forbath (who isn't exactly a world beater kicker), or the 5th CB on the team? If you're guy # 50-53 on this roster, you're day can come at any moment. There are no all stars there. Stop being so darn wound up over minor transactions.

The only thing I can figure that has everyone freaking out is that we all are hoping/thinking that every cut means we found some guard out of the ashes that will save our season! Or there is an amazing trade where we got an All Pro for a super low cap hit and a conditional 7th round pick!

Pretty much, we have who we have. Time to accept it and realize the bottom few positions will change every single week. And honestly, they really don't matter much.

Bro, do you want the Saints to win this Sunday? I can assure you that cutting Forbath for this unproven lower class rookie is really jeopardizing our chances. XP's aren't a given anymore and you better believe that we'll be attempting at least two field goals this Sunday.

why work out Barnes a week after you worked him out and then signed him?

is the point of working him out again?

Why did you cut him if you still think he can help you?

If you didn't want to guarantee his contract why sign him before the start of the regular season?

why work out Barnes a week after you worked him out and then signed him?

is the point of working him out again?

Why did you cut him if you still think he can help you?

If you didn't want to guarantee his contract why sign him before the start of the regular season?
An excuse for having him run some new scheme or drills? Keeping him abreast of gameplanning or whatever in case something happens between now and Friday?

Bro, do you want the Saints to win this Sunday? I can assure you that cutting Forbath for this unproven lower class rookie is really jeopardizing our chances. XP's aren't a given anymore and you better believe that we'll be attempting at least two field goals this Sunday.

Lutz made 10/12 FGs in his tryout. His misses were from 59 (not mad at this) and 54 yards. Longest he made was a 55 yarder. I think just because Forbath is a vet and Lutz is a rookie doesn't prevent Forbath from shanking an extra point or a FG. A lot of kickers struggled with that last year. A lot of people were calling for Robbie Gould he shanked 4 or so XP.....is that who you want? Forbath has just as high of a chance of missing a game winner than this kid. Forbath isn't Vinatieri, he is a generally unreliable journeyman kicker. We don't know who Lutz is in the NFL yet...maybe he's the K we've been looking for

Lutz made 10/12 FGs in his tryout. His misses were from 59 (not mad at this) and 54 yards. Longest he made was a 55 yarder. I think just because Forbath is a vet and Lutz is a rookie doesn't prevent Forbath from shanking an extra point or a FG. A lot of kickers struggled with that last year. A lot of people were calling for Robbie Gould he shanked 4 or so XP.....is that who you want? Forbath has just as high of a chance of missing a game winner than this kid. Forbath isn't Vinatieri, he is a generally unreliable journeyman kicker. We don't know who Lutz is in the NFL yet...maybe he's the K we've been looking for

Try out? I'm talking about a real regular season game here!!!

He may end up being the kicker of the future, but the point is that we aren't in a position to gamble.

if he blows it sunday, they're just gonna re-sign Forbath anyway.

why even sign a rookie kicker with Parkey sitting out there?

it seems like they're praying he doesn't lose us a game and then they'll re-sign Forbath. and what if they don't re-sign Forbath? why did you keep him over Barth when Barth was preseason perfect and Forbath missed kicks?

it's non-sensical.
utterly.

Didn't the Ravens just resign Justin Forsett after cutting him not too long ago?

To be fair (Baltimore)..it was sort of known all along and to save money by cutting him then brining him back. We are not saving money.

Try out? I'm talking about a real regular season game here!!!

He may end up being the kicker of the future, but the point is that we aren't in a position to gamble.

Yes I'm aware, Forbath was looking just as shaky so he doesn't have a case. Forbath has always been unreliable so this kid could be an upgrade. You have to gamble sometimes to have success....some people would consider us signing Drew Brees after a major injury a gamble...worked out well for us.

The presidential race is infuriating. I would call the saints moves befuddling.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom