The Draft Is Very Rich In Receivers This Year (1 Viewer)

I like Gabriel Davis if he's drops to the back of the 2nd round. He would be a great value there. I just don't see going WR in the 1st.

very deep. if one of the top guys is there at 24, i can see us pulling the trigger, but most likely we will wait till later rounds and grab a quality slot talent.

Saints just need a slot wr bad. Not a soft one either.
Justin Jefferson is absolutely a perfect fit.

His absolute floor is Cooper Kupp.

His ceiling could be as high as Davante Adams...

he already ran most of the Saints passing concepts in Brady's Offense... and is slotted to go late round 1, early round 2.... just sayin'....

(I'm fine with Shenault, Ruggs, or Tee Higgins if they manage to slide our way too)

Justin Jefferson is absolutely a perfect fit.

His absolute floor is Cooper Kupp.

His ceiling could be as high as Davante Adams...

he already ran most of the Saints passing concepts in Brady's Offense... and is slotted to go late round 1, early round 2.... just sayin'....

(I'm fine with Shenault, Ruggs, or Tee Higgins if they manage to slide our way too)

Love Justin Jefferson for this offense.

KJ Hill is another guy to keep in mind. Been watching the guy since he was in high school and he is phenomenal. Plus Sean Payton would salivate at the idea of adding another Ohio State alum.

We need a number 2 wr and it looks like we could get a good one in the first or second. How does the class of edge rushers look like?

We need a number 2 wr and it looks like we could get a good one in the first or second. How does the class of edge rushers look like?
To your question.

Edge rushers look solid only one truly Elite prospect but there are a solid crop of guys that have 1st round potential. Outside of Chase Young who will be the #2 pick in this draft you have.

AJ Epenesa - (Iowa) - solid build and arm length at 6'6, 280. Proto-type 4-3 End, strong with good hand usage, devastating bull rush and gets off blocks well in the run game; could improve with more pass rush moves and doesn't really go to speed well but has the talents to improve in this area.

Projected to go anywhere from 15- overall range to late 1st round.

K'Lavon Chaisson - LSU - Explosive first step off the edge, demonstrates an arsenal of pass rush moves with a double sweep, long arm, rip and dip, and inside spins. Versatile in that he can jam the slot man, and drop in zone in the red zone; displays good instincts. Weaknesses; some will question his size, is a he tweener, some believe more suited to be 3-4 OLB; came off an ACL Injury in 2018,

Projected to go: Mid to Late 1st round.

Yetur Gross-Matos - Penn St. - Very productive college player who accounted for 33.5 Tackles for Loss, and 16 Sacks the last Two seasons. Possess excellent length and size, and an excellent motor. Very powerful and gave Offensive Tackles fits with his strong base and bull rush. Could use more variety to his pass rush arsenal, and refinement to his counter techniques.

Projected to go - Late 1st round, early 2nd.

Terrell Lewis - Alabama - Flexible, with long limbs. Violent rush style attacks blockers with momentum, and wins late in the rush with physicality. Uses length and hand placement to lock-out and generate separation from blockers. Weaknesses, will need a good degree of Coaching at the next level to refine technique, concerns that he plays too frenetic at times and needs to develop more of a 'plan' while pass rushing. Physical skillset is there.

Projected to go - 2nd round.

Overall not a bad year to add an Edge player.. the value at the end of the 1st will probably be at either WR,or Edge prospects. So it might not be a bad time to pick up insurance for Davenport who is coming off a major foot injury and his first step explosiveness will be a question.. even if he does come back wouldn't hurt to find a young quality back-up just to have someone besides Hendrickson, and Granderson...

Saints will have plenty options in the draft. I was just reading the Walter site and these are all good receivers that could fall in our hand. Who do you like? I really liked Tee Higgins from Clemson. Very much like Michael Thomas and could fall to late 1st round.

Agreed, so I guess this means we’ll draft a G & DT. Then sign some random UDFA WR from Wyoming Tech and replay the last 3 seasons.

Agreed, so I guess this means we’ll draft a G & DT. Then sign some random UDFA WR from Wyoming Tech and replay the last 3 seasons.
You're joking but there's a good chance you may be right..

here we are salivating at this years' supremely talented crop of receivers in the Draft...

and Mickey and Sean will pass on each and every one of them, and pick up an Austin Carr version 2.0 as their next Undrafted project... and we'll roll into camp with him, Kirkwood, Lil Jordan, Butler, and the future reserve guy Maurice Harris.

It will be the camp battle of the century.,. and I'll cry my little heart out. :cry:

To your question.

Edge rushers look solid only one truly Elite prospect but there are a solid crop of guys that have 1st round potential. Outside of Chase Young who will be the #2 pick in this draft you have.

AJ Epenesa - (Iowa) - solid build and arm length at 6'6, 280. Proto-type 4-3 End, strong with good hand usage, devastating bull rush and gets off blocks well in the run game; could improve with more pass rush moves and doesn't really go to speed well but has the talents to improve in this area.

Projected to go anywhere from 15- overall range to late 1st round.

K'Lavon Chaisson - LSU - Explosive first step off the edge, demonstrates an arsenal of pass rush moves with a double sweep, long arm, rip and dip, and inside spins. Versatile in that he can jam the slot man, and drop in zone in the red zone; displays good instincts. Weaknesses; some will question his size, is a he tweener, some believe more suited to be 3-4 OLB; came off an ACL Injury in 2018,

Projected to go: Mid to Late 1st round.

Yetur Gross-Matos - Penn St. - Very productive college player who accounted for 33.5 Tackles for Loss, and 16 Sacks the last Two seasons. Possess excellent length and size, and an excellent motor. Very powerful and gave Offensive Tackles fits with his strong base and bull rush. Could use more variety to his pass rush arsenal, and refinement to his counter techniques.

Projected to go - Late 1st round, early 2nd.

Terrell Lewis - Alabama - Flexible, with long limbs. Violent rush style attacks blockers with momentum, and wins late in the rush with physicality. Uses length and hand placement to lock-out and generate separation from blockers. Weaknesses, will need a good degree of Coaching at the next level to refine technique, concerns that he plays too frenetic at times and needs to develop more of a 'plan' while pass rushing. Physical skillset is there.

Projected to go - 2nd round.

Overall not a bad year to add an Edge player.. the value at the end of the 1st will probably be at either WR,or Edge prospects. So it might not be a bad time to pick up insurance for Davenport who is coming off a major foot injury and his first step explosiveness will be a question.. even if he does come back wouldn't hurt to find a young quality back-up just to have someone besides Hendrickson, and Granderson...
Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom