The Falcons-Saints Rivalry: Hating America's Team After Hurricane Katrina (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
He responded to an email of mine. He had the story taken down as a security measure regarding his family.

A member of the media blaming Saints fans for the narrative monster the media continues to reanimate? It's our fault that Katrina was trivialized? And he didn't expect hostility? Wow. Just wow.

Roddy White better hope his team wins next Sunday, cause I promise he wants no part of a visit back to New Orleans in the next few weeks. You could see the fear in his eyes from the Georgia Dome.

Not suprised at all the dip **** had to take down his idiotic article. Maybe next time he should take a breath and think before he publishes some garbage that's going to rub a lot of people who live near him real raw.

Roddy White better hope his team wins next Sunday, cause I promise he wants no part of a visit back to New Orleans in the next few weeks. You could see the fear in his eyes from the Georgia Dome.

Not suprised at all the dip **** had to take down his idiotic article. Maybe next time he should take a breath and think before he publishes some garbage that's going to rub a lot of people who live near him real raw.

This thread ought to be about how this rivalry has been all about Atlanta wanting to be just like us since Katrina.

Actually, we ought to start a new thread about all of the ways ATLANTA tries to copy New Orleans.

SO SAD FOR ATLANTA: WANNABE US, BUT THERE'S ONLY ONE NEW ORLEANS AND ONLY ONE NEW ORLEANS SAINTS TEAM.

I had to laugh at Godfrey's suggestion that the Saints-Falcons rivalry can never match the Packers-Bears rivalry. I already see the makings of such a rivalry. Throw a few more Super Bowl victories into the mix and it can definitely happen.
Speaking of that vaunted Packers-Bears rivalry: I moved to Wisconsin during the 2006 season. I attended at least two churches where the priests closed Mass with a "GO PACKERS" chant. The day of the NFCCG, the priest ended mass by shouting "GO BEARS!" I was shocked that a Packers fan would even consider rooting for the Bears to go to the Super Bowl. I asked him why he pulled for the Bears instead of the Saints, and he said, "We have more experience with them." I cannot imagine any Saints fan rooting for the Falcons in the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom