The Investment Thread (9 Viewers)

I've been in ATER for a little while... took out my initial investment at close, letting the rest ride for now.

Funny (not really...), the two investments that have done best for me are the two I had the least amount in... ugh.

7AC42687-E032-43E8-BDD9-6673B175974C.jpeg
This stock has about 14 million shares that exist. Between 9:34 and 9:36 am….this had a trading volume of 30 million.

It ended with 184 million shares traded.

So complete random one here that peaked my interest.

Epizyme. EPZM. They are a commercial stage bio company.

Market cap of 141 million. Total existing shares: 163 million shares.

34BE6BAE-7973-4010-B079-731D7B187F94.jpeg
An insider on Jan 31 2022 bought an additional 22,666,667 shares at a purchase price of 1.50. He now owns 31.8 million shares. Or…19.4% of the entire company. Which I believe is just under the maximum percentage of the company he can own (20%).

Worth noting that of the 163 million shares in existence…..56 million of them were offered at $1.50 on the date of that insider purchase. So they diluted the price with a share offering. He bought 23 million of the 56 million shares that they offered.
Ended up getting a few shares of this in after hours this evening. I’m absolutely trying to catch a falling knife on this one.

I just read that the insider who purchased all those shares…his name is Pablo. That’s the stuff I like.

I've been in ATER for a little while... took out my initial investment at close, letting the rest ride for now.

Funny (not really...), the two investments that have done best for me are the two I had the least amount in... ugh.

giphy.gif

Airline play finally paying off. Delta reported much better than expected earnings. Forecasts a profit in Q2 and said demand is among all time highs and passengers aren’t hesitating to pay higher fees. Airlines up about 5% in pre market. I still feel like they are just heating up and will hit exceed what they are seeing now this summer.

Airline play finally paying off. Delta reported much better than expected earnings. Forecasts a profit in Q2 and said demand is among all time highs and passengers aren’t hesitating to pay higher fees. Airlines up about 5% in pre market. I still feel like they are just heating up and will hit exceed what they are seeing now this summer.
Yeah, I didn't have funds to buy the last dip. (I haven't looked to verify my account) I should be back in the green again. It would be nice for them to get back to spring 2021 levels, if not 2019 levels of pricing. I'm not sure how long I'd let it climb before I get out.

Covid Cases creeping up in the NE may give some downward pressure.

Yup, up 1% overall now. My cost basis for AAL is 18.18/share.

Yeah, I didn't have funds to buy the last dip. (I haven't looked to verify my account) I should be back in the green again. It would be nice for them to get back to spring 2021 levels, if not 2019 levels of pricing. I'm not sure how long I'd let it climb before I get out.

Covid Cases creeping up in the NE may give some downward pressure.
I halved my calls, was overexposed. Don’t think Covid matters until the fall. People are just that over it and ready to travel. Pricing for short term flights are as high as I’ve seen them. I haven’t hopped on a flight in months because every last second fare has been cost prohibitive.

I really think this is just the early part of the run for the stock and it won’t peak until the summer. Then again oil and war have hurt it to this point so who knows.

Last edited:
I halved my calls, was overexposed. Don’t think Covid matters until the fall. People are just that over it and ready to travel. Pricing for short term flights are as high as I’ve seen them. I haven’t hopped on a flight in months because every last second fare has been cost prohibitive.

I really think this is just the early part of the run for the stock and it won’t peak until the summer. Then again oil and war have hurt it to this point so who knows.
True. Based on all that, I'm just not sure what stock price is a good target to escape and be happy. Or, let it ride. AAL isn't the best run airline, at least historically.

I just got in them, because I already rode DAL, and AAL was the industry laggard.

Paper handed BBBY at 17.90. Bought 100 shares at 15.50 in pre market. Not a bad earnings swing.

Exited all my brokerage positions temporarily. What a day.

Last night in AH I bought 500 shares of EPZM at 0.7800. Sold at $0.87. $45 bucks profit.

Bought 110 shares of BBBY (CB of 15.8). Sold at 17.90. $229 profit.

Yolo’d by entire portfolio in BFRI at 4.64. Sold at 5.10.

My account went from 3550 to 4300 in one day.

Exited all my brokerage positions temporarily. What a day.

Last night in AH I bought 500 shares of EPZM at 0.7800. Sold at $0.87. $45 bucks profit.

Bought 110 shares of BBBY (CB of 15.8). Sold at 17.90. $229 profit.

Yolo’d by entire portfolio in BFRI at 4.64. Sold at 5.10.

My account went from 3550 to 4300 in one day.

What made you decide to do this? Expecting a big Easter Holiday pullback tomorrow?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom