The Legend of Carr took a hit last Night (2 Viewers)

I think the UDFA's at the WR position is calculated risk. When you are paying a franchise QB that takes up a sizable portion of your salary cap you have to go cheap in other areas. The Saints decided to sink their money into other areas like defense and offensive line and figured that with a HOF QB and our offensive system you can just plug anyone in at WR. We are seeing that it isn't working. Well I say it isn't working but we are sitting at 12-2.
We paid Cameron merrideth and unfortunately he wasnt ready yet

I agree mostly.

Kirkwood has the talent to be a #2 WR. He's a physical freak and he's getting open consistently. But it's the drops, the mistakes on lining up, the mess up on the pick, etc. that are holding him back.

Often, you'll have an UDFA who's got the traits but it's the details that hold them back. Sometimes it's fixable. Other times, their inability to grasp the details is why they were an UDFA in the first place.

There was a reason we were paying Kirkwood a roster salary price while he was on the PS. He has the physical gifts to be a #2. He also high points balls instead of letting them come to him. He and TQS both could see a leap in production next year. Rookie mid round and udfa WRs don’t often contribute much.

Well that Int, Bree's had is unforgivable at the goal line, I'm not blaming TL for trying to make a play as I see it he needs to get more touches, with his quickness he might be what the offense needs.... He definitely needs to hold on to the ball Tho.

TLL has the ability to make plays in the slot...he's not a front line guy, but neither is Kirkwood or Carr but they have an ability to compete and contribute.

TLL quickness and play making ability will help the offense with physical west coast type WR like Thomas, TQS and Kirkwood..the jitter bug that is TLL is an element needed in this offense.

Ginn Jr gotta be coming back soon, Right?!
No one seems to have an answer.

All I heard was he "could" come back or "is close".

But I don't think he is even practicing yet so how is he going to comeback before the playoffs?

And really if he's not practicing in the next week or so, how is he going to back ready for game speed by the playoffs?

TLL has the ability to make plays in the slot...he's not a front line guy, but neither is Kirkwood or Carr but they have an ability to compete and contribute.

TLL quickness and play making ability will help the offense with physical west coast type WR like Thomas, TQS and Kirkwood..the jitter bug that is TLL is an element needed in this offense.
What is this "playmaking ability" of which you speak?

There are rumors of it in pre-season and practices but it is otherwise rare.

There was a reason we were paying Kirkwood a roster salary price while he was on the PS. He has the physical gifts to be a #2. He also high points balls instead of letting them come to him. He and TQS both could see a leap in production next year. Rookie mid round and udfa WRs don’t often contribute much.

I think he along with TQS are like Thomas in that they fit the mold for this offense West Coast offense but the league has carved a niche for smaller quicker receivers and the Saints have been one of the teams that has benefited over the years with players like Moore and Snead so there is hope TLL or Carr can settle into that role.

Meredith was still playing before he went on IR. I do wonder if we made the decision to shelve him too hastily.

His knee kept flaring up...he needed to sit.

I don't know why Carr was shelved vs the Panthers but even when he was on the field he didn't get alot if targets so he wasn't missed, same with TLL...our only receiving threats are Thomas, TQS and Kirkwood but it seems Kirkwood has Brees trust more so than TQS.

Note: Saints have played and won three straight road games...we may get better performances the next two weeks being that we are at home and maybe TQS and the rest of the young receivers play better at home than on the road.

As painful as it may be, truth is that TLL right now - with Ginn out - is our second best WR. He’s going to be active each week.

As painful as it may be, truth is that TLL right now - with Ginn out - is our second best WR. He’s going to be active each week.
I disagree Kirkwood seems to be the second best Wideout. TLL is very limited in his route tree because of his size, it pretty much eliminates him running anything underneath, or over the middle of the field; and if he gets jammed at the Line of scrimmage, he's pretty much out of a play completely.

neither him or Carr are NFL caliber WRs, sorry just calling it how I see it. There's a reason the Patriots cut Carr, and a 5'7 guy out Illinois goes Undrafted. These guys are meant to be bottom of the depth chart guys, and special teamers.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Twitter

Back
    Top Bottom